PDA

View Full Version : Raised on the River?

ThePopinjay
05-22-2004, 04:07 PM
What do you do here on the river, raised and the action's to you. Notes on villain: calling station who can slowplay

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>...

Huskiez
05-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Definite 3-bet in my opinion. I wouldn't think twice about that. Only hands that can beat you are T8 (only possible holding that could beat you) and 86 (I don't see how he can call a flop bet with that). Chances are he hit a two pair somewhere along the way, maybe even slowplayed a set.

Aces McGee
05-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Even though he's a "calling station," I reraise and call a cap. He could just as easily have a smaller set or two pair than T-8 or 8-6.

McGee

ThePopinjay
05-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Argh, I guess I'm playing too Tight-Weak right now. I called he had, 22 for the flopped lower set. Basically when I saw that river card I immediately saw the straight possibilities and got scared especially when I saw the raise. Wasn't thinking about the slow played two pair or set at all.

Nate tha' Great
05-22-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically when I saw that river card I immediately saw the straight possibilities and got scared especially when I saw the raise. Wasn't thinking about the slow played two pair or set at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, the river made a straight for a hand containing, specifically, 86. How likely is it that he took one off on the flop with that hand? Not very, even if he's bad.

ThePopinjay
05-22-2004, 04:49 PM
exactly. pretty bad play on my part. i got a bit scared and it became WAY too fast of a decision. had i spent a good extra 10 seconds i would have re-raised.