PDA

View Full Version : Is Gasoline price relief in sight?

GWB
05-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Relief in sight as fuel at record high (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/22/1085176040439.html)

Just a waiting Game? (http://news.bostonherald.com/international/view.bg?articleid=28924)

the story from the liberal press (http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/22/news/international/opec.oil.prices/)

GWB
05-22-2004, 06:12 PM
If you're worried about oil depletion. I have just one word:

ANWAR

jokerswild
05-23-2004, 12:52 AM
What does the Bush family care? The profits it receives on its investments keep growing.

I guess a 42% percent approval rating has something to do with it. Cheer up! 42% is larger than the number of people on this board that believes that GWB is George W. Bush.

MMMMMM
05-23-2004, 04:51 AM
"I guess a 42% percent approval rating has something to do with it. Cheer up! 42% is larger than the number of people on this board that believes that GWB is George W. Bush."

How much larger, though? What percentage of people on this board, in your estimation, believe that GWB is George W. Bush?

jokerswild
05-23-2004, 05:00 AM
the poll indicated about 37-38 percent. I would truly be sad if it is Bush. The views expressed by GWB appear more radical than the real President. I would hope that the leader of the free world would have better things to do than read the Two plus Two forums.

ACPlayer
05-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Of course if he read two plus two his poker skills may improve. He may then know that it is better to fold certain hands (that may have once looked good for whatever reason) when it is clear that the hand has turned into a loser.

MMMMMM
05-23-2004, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course if he read two plus two his poker skills may improve. He may then know that it is better to fold certain hands (that may have once looked good for whatever reason) when it is clear that the hand has turned into a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he might. He also might realize that it is sometimes best to reraise your opponent when resistance is encountered--especially in big-bet poker, and even more so when you hold the strongest hand and have the table covered.

If we had annihilated the Fallujan insurgents after the women and children had left the town (and the women and children did leave town for a while), and treated al-Sadr's Mehdi militia similarly, we would have won and gained more respect in Iraq. Instead, they now they know that they can take pot-shots at us with relative impunity.

Simply put, we got check-raised a significant amount by a weaker hand, but failed to come over the top with a massive reraise to put the opponent all-in.

scalf
05-23-2004, 12:49 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..the truth is this:

2.50/gal for gasoline is dirt cheap...when compared internationally...

gas prices to 3../gal permanently within 2 years (in u.s.a.(

gl

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MMMMMM
05-23-2004, 01:03 PM
How much of the gas price is taxes, anyway? It's ridiculous IMO (except maybe to the Europeans, who for some peculiar reason somehow seem to love paying extortionate gas taxes).