PDA

View Full Version : HAVING FUN FOUR-JACKING OFF

surfdoc
05-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Great game due to any 2 card playing fish to my immediate right.. He sat with over triple the buy-in and can be relied upon to bet at anything when he has, ummm, 2 cards. Rest of the game is softish but I have no specific reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB <font color="purple">(any 2 card fish)</font> completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
any 2 card fish bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
any 2 card fish bets, Hero calls, CO raises, Button 3-bets, any 2 card fish calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (17 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
any 2 card fish checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, any 2 card fish calls, Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, any 2 card fish calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

comments on all streets welcome, main question is on the turn..would cap help me get maximum value?

JohnShaft
05-22-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
comments on all streets welcome, main question is on the turn..would cap help me get maximum value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surfdoc, I can't argue with your result here, first of all.

But I'm capping the Turn here almost always.

Why?
Get the money in while you can.
You're setting up the River checkraise, but how much would you hate to see the River get checked by the button? (Not only could that happen no matter the River, it probably does happen on some scary rivers, either a 4th Diamond, or another board pair)
You don't have prime position to checkraise the River as you'll only trap one of your two opponents in the middle.
The A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif won't fold, but will not call a River bet if it misses.

So I would still prefer the Turn Cap (and River bet out) longterm.

surfdoc
05-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi John,

I agree with much of what you wrote. I actually felt that the nut flush was out there given the fact that co raised and the button 3bet the turn. There was about zero chance of no one betting the river even if another /images/graemlins/diamond.gif came down on the river. Perhaps a river bet would have worked too looking like a last minute fish attempt to grab a big pot. Button could have then raised with his nut flush allowing me to get a 3bet in on the river.

BaronVonCP
05-22-2004, 07:43 PM
same as JohnShaft.

If you cap the turn, the worst that could happen is that you make the same as you do when you try and checkraise the river. They are calling the cap. Promise.

Then you might get raised on the river. Maybe not. But you still got that bet in on the previous street.

Alobar
05-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm with everyone else here, you need to cap the turn, that puts 3 more BB into the pot when its guarunteed, which is the same amount you get by c/r the river IF everyone calls, which isn't guarunteed. There are lots of cards that could come off on the river that could scare someone into not betting or not calling your c/r. There are also some cards that come on the river that you really don't want to see.

You cost yourself $30 on this hand, and it could easily have been $60

btw, like the subject line /images/graemlins/smile.gif

surfdoc
05-22-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, like the subject line

[/ QUOTE ]

You captured the real reason I wanted to post this hand. I guess the consensus is I missed a few bets on tne turn. Thanks for the input guys.