PDA

View Full Version : slumping, and some trouble hands...help me out

mikeyKay
05-22-2004, 02:01 PM
my string of 11 winning weeks of poker was snapped last week, and now i have been struggling a little bit. i think table selection has had alot to do with it, along with paying attention to my opponents. Here are 2 hands i played today in which im not sure exaclty how to play:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

should i dump this on the first bet? im getting the odds for my 6 outer, and i figure since i called one, that folding to another is a really bad idea.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

go for a CR here?

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

pretty standard

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (14.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Kh (one pair, kings).
Button shows Th Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB. </font>

after the hand SB said he had QQ

and another:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls, CO calls.

too weak of a fold here? i figured it was not a blind steal due to the caller before him. i think i play my blinds way too weak, but i just hate being so out of position after the flop, i get into lots and lots of trouble.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

if i had stayed in, how do i play this one? lead out? check fold?

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, between CO, Button and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (4.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ks 3h (two pair, queens and eights).
CO shows 6c 2c (two pair, queens and eights).
Button shows Ah Js (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: Button wins 4.75 BB. </font>

i think this is a very rare case that i would have won this hand.

On another side note, when i find myself losing...ive just been accepting it, instead of getting upset, which i guess is good, because i dont tilt so much. but i then think its just me running bad, instead of trying to plug up some leaks in my game...any suggestions for breaking out of a slump?

thanks everyone

-mike

adanthar
05-22-2004, 02:12 PM
#1 is fine.

Why on earth are you folding, not 3 betting #2? Take a hint from the SB in your first hand and 3 bet with the best hand at the table.

Once you stay in, lead the flop and either call a raise/call down or bet the turn/check/call the river.

zuvis
05-22-2004, 03:13 PM
just starting out, so take this with a grain of salt.

#1. I C/R the turn almost all the time(90%)

#2. 3 bet PF