PDA

View Full Version : Empire VIP program - just given points ?

Tosh
05-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Just logged into Empire and checked my VIP account (out of curiosity as much as anything). I only opened the account about 6 weeks ago and haven't played a great deal but when I went to the site I got this message.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Tosh27o,

You have 5040 EPoints in your VIP account balance.
Last update: 2004-05-21
Your Status: You are a VIP player

For your information, in the last 30 days you accumulated 399 EPoints

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this common as clearly they've added a lot of points ? The whole VIP thing at Empire is a bit crap anyway but was just wondering.

MicroBob
05-22-2004, 11:33 AM
a lot of people got the 5k bonus-points for their account.
hey, in the very least it's $50 if you just want to cash it out now.

i wasn't aware that they were still awarding the 5k points though but you just opened an acct so i guess it kind of makes sense.

i got the 5k ponits a couple months ago (or more) but that's not surprising because it's my main home.
a lot of others around here were kind of upset that they didn't get the 5k even though they play there semi-frequently.

they may be loosening their standards for who receives the points i guess.....who knows??
the whole empire VIP program has been weird and mysterious from the very beginning for a variety of reasons.

Alobar
05-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Its not uncommon, Its prolly how everyone got to VIP status in the first place, as their funky math makes it months and months worth of work. The whole program is a joke anyway. I still wouldn't reccomend cashing it out for $50. Then you lose the ability to play in the gay freerolls they offer and the other crappy "benifits" being a VIP member gives you. Thant and maybe some day they pull their heads out of their arses and come up with something worth while to cash them in on.

goodguy_1
05-22-2004, 02:25 PM
I just ordered a 600 EP hat-We'll see how long that takes to show up?!

AAmaz0n
05-22-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then you lose the ability to play in the gay freerolls they offer and the other crappy "benifits" being a VIP member gives you.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I just signed up at Empire and hadn't heard about these. Do you have to be gay to play in them, or is the prize one of those "Queer Eye" makeover thingies? I'll make sure to let my friends in West Hollywood know. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Shauna

Tosh
05-22-2004, 09:10 PM
I'd love to see the reaction to a site that ran a 'Gays only' freeroll.

Alobar
05-22-2004, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then you lose the ability to play in the gay freerolls they offer and the other crappy "benifits" being a VIP member gives you.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I just signed up at Empire and hadn't heard about these. Do you have to be gay to play in them, or is the prize one of those "Queer Eye" makeover thingies? I'll make sure to let my friends in West Hollywood know. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....I'm just bitter cuz I missed the WSOP freeroll by 7 lousy points

MicroBob
05-22-2004, 11:19 PM
i'm more bitter after not winning it.

ok ok...i'm not really that bitter....i got sucked out on in 30th place...but IM NOT BITTER!!!!!!

goodguy_1
05-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow the UPS guy just dropped off a nice new red Empire hat.It took 4 days !!!

good job empire

MicroBob
05-28-2004, 01:44 PM
that pretty impressive.