PDA

View Full Version : 88 vs. a table on tilt...

chesspain
05-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

This is same table as my "AK flop fold hand," although the dynamics have changed considerably in the ensuing forty-five minutes. The SB has developed into a near maniac, and is currently up 90+BB since I sat down. The Button appears to be a fish caught up in the action, as he three-bet with 22 from the button with only two others in the pot. MP1 seems to be a reasonable player who is nonetheless fighting tilt, as he three-bet a EMP openraiser (new to the table, but known to me to be a good player) to his direct right with AQo. For what it's worth, at the start of this hand I'm stuck for about 25BB /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Preflop: chesspain is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
chesspain calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, chesspain calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.
<font color="blue">Is betting out here O.K.? Or do I check, and then decide whether to raise or fold? </font>

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, chesspain checks.
<font color="blue">Is this a weak check? Since SB could have nearly any two cards, I wasn't in the mood to call a checkraise.</font>

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between SB and chesspain.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by chesspain (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 7h 4d (one pair, fours).
chesspain shows 8s 8d (one pair, eights).
Outcome: chesspain wins 11.50 BB. </font>

rigoletto
05-22-2004, 10:41 AM
A good rule of thumb (from Clarmeisters arsenal) is; don't worry about the callers, worry about the bettors.

You played it well except for the river check. Sounds like these guys would pay you off with any pair and even A high.