PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed

The Dude
05-22-2004, 09:30 AM
The more I've thought about this hand, the more I'm convinced I misplayed it. Let's see what you guys think.

Party 5-10. UTG is failry aggressive post flop and plays decently and the button is an LAG.

UTG, EP and MP all limp. The button raises, and I 3-bet in the SB w/ A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB folds, everyone calls. 5 of us see the flop for 16 SB.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked to button who bets, I call. UTG raises, EP folds, MP calls 2 cold, button and I call. Four to the turn for 12 BB.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif)
I check, UTG bets, MP calls, button folds, I raise. UTG and MP call. 3 to the river for 18 BB.

River: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif)
I bet, they both call.

Anybody care to comment on where I misplayed this hand?

exist
05-22-2004, 09:36 AM
everything seems fine, unless you think you should have checkraised the river or lead out on the turn in order to maybe get 3 bets in. i think check raising the turn is fine. but maybe you could have gone for the river checkraise as well, since the UTG might think you were just screwing around on the turn and bet his hand for you.

The Dude
05-22-2004, 04:57 PM
I most certainly should have check-raised the river. UTG had a made hand, not a draw. He's going to bet that river if I give him the chance. After considering further, I think there's somewhere around a 5% chance he doesn't bet that river. (Hand history showed he had KQ for two pair, but that's beside the point. Any hand worth check-raising the flop and betting the turn is going to bet the river - the presence of the third player in the hand virtually gurantees it.)

This was a very clear check-raise, but I just didn't recognize it. I missed two BBs on this hand.

Aces McGee
05-22-2004, 06:42 PM
What makes you certain he's going to fall for the checkraise twice in a row?

-McGee

Alobar
05-22-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm curious about the PF 3 bet, whats the reasoning here? I'm asking because I usually would just call here. Are youj trying to drive the other PF callers out? I would think that with this hand you would do much better multiway. Or is that why you are raising, because you know they will all call 2 cold and then you've got a big multiway pot if you flop a draw?