PDA

View Full Version : Two commen situations

Guido
05-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Guido calls, MP1 calls.

Getting probably 7:1 is this an auto call or not?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Guido calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Without any reads should I call, 3-bet or fold with TT and 99. What if there is an EP raise and it's folded to me on the button?

Thanks,

Guido

The Dude
05-22-2004, 08:47 AM
With exactly one limper in front of the caller, I'm folding 84s without thinking twice.

With no read on UTG, I'm 3-betting 100% of the time at Party 3-6 with no cold-callers in between, regardless of my position.

exist
05-22-2004, 08:56 AM
48s in BB after a raise--generally i consider this to be an autofold.

TT, 99 in EP after a UTG raise--i hate cold calling raises, if you can't 3 bet confidently, i would fold. the exception to this is if you will get many callers behind you when you cold call. then cold calling is fine as they are giving you odds to flop a set.

TT, 99 in LP after an UTG raise--now, if you had a bunch of callers to you, obviously you would call. with no callers i once again dislike cold calling because i'd like to 3 bet to get the blinds out. however, i feel that with this type of hand, you usually have a slight advantage or are at a large disadvantage again an UTG raise. so, generally i'd fold.

you should have a program like poker tracker to help you figure out how often this player raises. even after just 20-30 hands you often have enough information to make an educated guess as to whether 3 betting or folding is correct.

Guido
05-22-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
48s in BB after a raise--generally i consider this to be an autofold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[ QUOTE ]
you should have a program like poker tracker to help you figure out how often this player raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have PT, but I'm not talking about the situation when I have a read. That would make it a lot easier...

Guido

BaronVonCP
05-22-2004, 07:39 PM
3bet with your pair before folding or callin.

BaronVonCP
05-22-2004, 07:39 PM
And folding if the raiser has very tight raising standards.