PDA

View Full Version : Proof once again, you get killed when you slowplay

Hallett
05-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Lucky for me, I learned that lesson a long, long time ago...
Table is loose-passive, with an average of 4-5 people seeing the flop, and I think I am the only one on the table who can find the raise button.

What should have been my action on the turn? I feel I missed at least one bet, maybe two. I also have misgivings about calling pre-flop, however I had thought I would get more limpers, and had considered the C/O poster to be a "pre-limper". Thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.16 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (14.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 7s 7c (four of a kind, sevens).
Button shows Ac As (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.16 BB. </font>

symphonic
05-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Granted, his preflop limp was stupid, it's not what killed him as you would've called his raise after already calling once preflop. You should've raised the turn as well, no reason to give him credit for Jacks.

Hallett
05-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Thanks, you are right, there is no reason for me to fear JJ...I am just not aggressive enough sometimes....

Thanks!

blackaces13
05-22-2004, 06:57 AM
He didn't play it all that slow. Also he ended up saving himself a bet.

You also saved him a bet on the turn, how can you check/call with a set and a completed rainbow?!!

chesspain
05-22-2004, 08:14 AM
You HAVE to checkraise the turn. After opponent caps the flop, there is little chance of him checking the turn through. Indeed, with almost any logical holding he could have, he will call the c/r and call a bet on the river.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-22-2004, 06:07 PM
I would have bet out on the turn, hoping he would raise you again. I think a check-raise gives some info away, and he might be able to law AA down. Then again, maybe the check-call got you more bets on the river. ehhh... I would bet the turn for sure.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I think a loose/passive is capable of checking thru on the turn. Bet out.

Alobar
05-22-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a loose/passive is capable of checking thru on the turn. Bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an easy c/r raise here, he isnt going to cap the flop to check behind on the turn, he thinks he has the best hand, no reason at all to fear a check through

Alobar
05-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Depending on how this loose passive table played post flop I might raise this one pre flop. Its only seven handed and you've already got 1 fold in front of you. If you think you have any chance of stealing the blinds here, or if they are the type that will fold to a flop bet after a pre flop raise, I raise. OTherwise its an easy limp.

You have an easy checkraise here on the turn. The only reason I wouldnt lead is because he capped and if you bet into him again, that might scare him into just calling.

Gotta love that river action when you're holding the nuts

joker122
05-22-2004, 08:12 PM
It's beyond me how a player such as your opponent can jam this board and never consider what hand his opponent might have. All he sees is AA, the best starting hand in poker.

adanthar
05-22-2004, 08:23 PM
I would do one of the following things:
A)Smooth call the raise on the flop, checkraise the turn and lead the river;
B)Let him cap it, checkraise the turn and, since the board paired and 'my 2p counterfeited', try to checkraise the river.

Note: I've never actually CR'd two streets successfully or anything so I think I'd just want to pull it off once /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alobar
05-22-2004, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Note: I've never actually CR'd two streets successfully or anything so I think I'd just want to pull it off once /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to dream, dream big man!! you gotta go for the trifecta!