PDA

View Full Version : Party button disappearing bug

PunterSThompson
05-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi all,

I'm going crazy. This bug happens all the time. The time to act decreases each hand until the buttons stop appearing. I've lost count of how much money ive lost due to this, and Party support is, well, Party support.

Has anyone found a way around this? Logging out of Party and back in helps a bit but i still get caught out regularly and each table inevitably becomes unusable. I reinstalled windows not that long ago and that seemed to help for a short period as well. Reinstalling Party doesnt help much.Turning off hardware acceleration does nothing.

In conclusion, Party - fix your goddamn software.

Regards,
Punter

Jimbo
05-21-2004, 11:16 PM
I've seen numerous threads about this "bug", however have never had it happen to me. This becomes like the old question: If a tree falls in a forest and you aren't there did it make any noise? I know, I know I changed the question to suit my purposes but Hey, this is the ZOO right?

Jimbo

daryn
05-21-2004, 11:21 PM
i too have never experienced this.

PunterSThompson
05-21-2004, 11:50 PM
It started when i got a new pc. My old pc never had this problem, and most people don't seem to experience it, so I guess it's a fairly specific hardware interaction.

Army Eye
05-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Disappearing buttons happens to me constantly. I am always switching between several programs and it seems to be triggered by this.

Also for me, not quite as often, Party sometimes goes into 'alarm mode' where it gives me the running-out-of-time shrill beeping the INSTANT the action is on me.

tj00
05-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Here is the best work around for this problem. When it starts getting bad deal yourself out on all your tables. Open up your network connection and disable then re-enable your network adaptor. This is just as good as logging off and you get to keep your tables. As for the obnoxious beeping sound, I replaced the beeping sound file in the party directory with the cheering sound file. I suggest this to everyone who hate that damn beeping.

Filip
05-22-2004, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
.. As for the obnoxious beeping sound, I replaced the beeping sound file in the party directory with the cheering sound file. I suggest this to everyone who hate that damn beeping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can change it too "WetFart.wav" sure helps keep the mood up! /images/graemlins/grin.gif