PDA

View Full Version : I'm a LAG

sthief09
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
these hands worked out well, but for some reason I've been playing really loose-aggressive lately. I played 6-max tables for a while, but now moved back to full ring games. In 2k hands since returning, my PFR is ~15%. has anyone else experienced this? my biggest problem is that it's working for me, even though it's -EV

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $3. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, MP1 folds.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 5.66 BB, won by Hero.</font>

LAGmaniac
05-21-2004, 07:55 PM
I think you were pretty lucky on Hand 1 but the pot was big so the bluffs were possibly slightly +EV.

I don't like the UTG raise on hand 2, but I like your post-flop play.

brick
05-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Loose aggressive is the last stage in the progression of a solid player.
You have to (and you need to) go through this stage so that you understand when these plays work and when they don’t.

You’re zeroing in on the best possible strategy.

http://online.cctt.org/physicslab/content/phy1/lessonnotes/Sound/dampedamplitudes.gif

Homer
05-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Mine looks like this /images/graemlins/frown.gif

http://www.eslkidstuff.com/images/circle.gif

Tosh
05-21-2004, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You’re zeroing in on the best possible strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Josh is just a LAG. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
05-22-2004, 12:30 AM
Hand 1: You know I dump this on the flop. I really don't like calling there with a call in front of you. It's just so unlikely that someone (1) didn't catch a piece of that flop and (2) is folding a pot that big with it. It's funny to think you got the BB to fold 99/TT though.

Hand 2: If you know that the table is tight I like the preflop raise. But this is Party 3/6 so I guess that's probably not true. Post flop looks great, but you're really hosed (and the checkraise is pretty futile) if that 4th heart doesn't fall on the turn. How did you know that was coming?

StellarWind
05-22-2004, 01:22 AM
I think the 16-1 pot odds plus implied odds justify calling the flop on hand 1. However the turn bluff is over-the-top. Just check and hope for another free card.

You are in no-man's land preflop on hand 2. You want to play but at four off the button neither limping nor raising feels right. I think the raise is as good as any. Once you see the flop this is a good spot for an old-fashioned weak-tight checkfold. The bluff checkraise is very expensive but suspect when heads up, so you won't get good value.

If you want to play I suggest you check-call and take a card. Maybe you'll get a nice card. Otherwise you can bet out on the turn if you get a heart or other good scare card. If he just calls the turn bluff you can see the river and decide what to do next. This is less extreme than checkraising the flop and gives you several chances to win.

sthief09
05-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I forgot to paste the worst hands...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 5.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB bets $14 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.33 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: 10.33 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.33 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10.33 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ah Qd (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero shows 8s Ts (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.33 BB. </font>