PDA

View Full Version : hmm...

rigoletto
05-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 7d Js (straight, nine high).
UTG shows 5s 5h (three of a kind, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>

Nightwish
05-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't understand why you played the turn the way that you did. You pull a stop &amp; go, ostensibly to get information on whether your hand is good. UTG tells you that your hand is no good. And you....call. If you're going to call regardless, why didn't you then 3-bet the flop?

steveyz
05-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Perhaps hero was planning to fold to a turn raise and then realized he picked up a gut-shot draw?

rigoletto
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you played the turn the way that you did. You pull a stop &amp; go, ostensibly to get information on whether your hand is good. UTG tells you that your hand is no good. And you....call. If you're going to call regardless, why didn't you then 3-bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I played this well but I did have 8-13 outs on the turn!

daryn
05-21-2004, 11:13 PM
a double gutshot!

mike l.
05-21-2004, 11:58 PM
not sure what the point of this post is. it's clear you played the hand great from start to finish.

CrackerZack
05-22-2004, 12:22 AM
In a much less subtle way, I was gonna say I like the way you played it. The stop-n-go was weird, but prudent in a drawish board with top pair crappy kicker. Not something commonly done, but it happens. River play is good.

rigoletto
05-22-2004, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure what the point of this post is. it's clear you played the hand great from start to finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing to much on autopilote of late and thus I've been posting some hands that are standard in nature to check if I have drifted into some wrong modes. I'm sorry to bore people, but playing mainly online I think I need these reality check now and then. In the specific hand I question the turn bet.

I prefer to post hands without to much comment as to get a fresh view from posters.

Thanks for the help!