PDA

View Full Version : crazy storms

jdl22
05-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok so it's probably because I'm from the relatively tame Pacific Northwest but there have been some bad ass storms here in Western Pennsylvania this week. Last night/this morning there was more or less constant lightening for a couple hours and the wind was ripping through so much that water on the road (it was pouring as well which I am accustomed to) was moving in waves like we were on the North Shore of Oahu. Then again maybe not, but there were waves in the water and to a cockroach it probably looked like the pipe does to Pancho Sullivan. On top of that the thunder was really loud as well.

So I like watching thunder storms. There is a pretty good one going right now too. For those of you from this area, can I look forward to this more or less constantly until mid June when I head back home? I hope so.

BadBoyBenny
05-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm in the 'Burgh too, and this was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. We'll have plenty of thuderstorms this spring, but I doubt another one that bad will come along. There should be some more that are worse than what you see in the pacific northwest but last night's was pretty ill.

I live up on Mount Washington, and woke up a 3 in the morning because I left a window cracked and it was opening and slamming with the wind and air pressure. It sounded like someone was trying to break into my house with a sledgehammer. I could feel my house sway with the wind, felt like it was gonna roll over at any minute. I saw one bolt of lighting that must have hit the same place like 50 times in a row because it was in the same place for about 2 seconds. OK, a little exaggeration there but you know what I'm talking about. I couldn't go to bed until 6 and had a red eye'd day at work.

ChristinaB
05-22-2004, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a pretty good one going right now too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anyone turn off their computer in a thunderstorm?

BadBoyBenny
05-22-2004, 02:27 PM
I use power strips with surge protectors for all my electronics.

codewarrior
05-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Mad weather here in NE Ohio last night. I took the night off from cards and went storm chasing last night, it was a hoot. One of the worst thunderstorms I've ever been in, but when the tornado warning went out - well, I had to go!