PDA

View Full Version : Some pre flop hands

DOTTT
05-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone,
Looking for some feedback on the following pre flop hands, table was loose aggreasive.$1/$2 blinds.

Hand 1
I'm in the sb and find AQs. All fold to the CO a good player ($120) he makes it $12 to go button pretty loose ($150), calls. Do you call, raise, or fold? I think I had something like $300.

Hand 2
I’m holding JJ utg, I limp in, utg+1 calls, mp calls, lp makes it $15 to go, button makes it $35, and it’s back to me. No reads. Call, fold, raise?

Thanks.

Richie Rich
05-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Hand 1 --> This is borderline call/fold. A $12 PF raise from a "good player" is typically KK or QQ...so the only reason I'd call is to catch an Ace or flush draw on the flop. There's a possibility he's holding AA, but I think KK/QQ is more likely. Unfortuantely if you called, you'd be playing out of position for the entire hand.

Hand 2 --> Easy Fold. With a PF raise to 15, then a re-raise to 35, you're almost certainly against a higher pocket pair. On top of that, unless you're up against stacks of 300+, you're not getting the correct odds to hit a set. Plus, you're out of position.

Baulucky
05-21-2004, 06:04 PM
I'd fold hand 1 here 100% of the time. Dominated and out of position.

Hand 2: reraise/fold. No implied odds to flop a set. JJ is a "small pair" in NL, so if the raisers are tight you must fold. If they are loose make them play for all their money.