PDA

View Full Version : Defending the blind with a small PP

ResidentParanoid
05-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Button is relatively aggressive, taking steal opportunities when he gets them. How did I do? Would you back off the aggression at any point? What do you think of the river bet?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ResidentParanoid is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button <font color="purple">(AgButton)</font> raises, SB folds, ResidentParanoid 3-bets, Button <font color="purple">(AgButton)</font> calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
ResidentParanoid bets, AgButton raises, ResidentParanoid 3-bets, AgButton calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
ResidentParanoid bets, AgButton calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
ResidentParanoid bets, AgButton calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.20 BB, between ResidentParanoid and AgButton.</font> &gt;

naphand
05-21-2004, 11:09 AM
This looks fairly standard against an over-aggro steal raiser. 3-bet PF fine, he is raising with any A or K and probably a lot of Q/J and suited combos as well. His raise on the flop is standard given his PF play and your read, so yes I would 3-bet this. Two overcards, but only one player you are likely good here. When he just calls your 3-bet, and only calls the Turn I think you have an easy value bet on the River. He likely calls this with any A or pair worse than yours and you are only reasonably worried about a T or possibly 8 (less likely).

I'm guessing he shows you A4.