PDA

View Full Version : Paradise unregistration problem?

citanul
05-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi,

I'm a beginner to the whole MTT scene, so I started off low stakes last night at Paradise.

Unfortunately, I'm not to fluent with the Paradise interface, since I usually play limit on Party, and didn't realize that I entered a NL tournament, when I wanted to play a Limit tournament.

So there I was, accidentally entered into the $5 NL tournament, with 10 minutes to game time, and I realized what had happened, so I tried to unregister.

About 5 times I clicked the unregister button, was given the "You will be unregistered and the money will be returned to your account" message, but none of those times did it work.

Is there some way to unregister at Paradise that involves a secret handshake? Is it just not possible within X minutes of gametime? Have other people had this problem? Should I go ask for my piddling sum back?

Thanks,

citanul

Elvis
05-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I know what caused this problem, because I have experienced exactly the same thing.

When you click UNREGISTER in a tournament window at Paradise, you are asked to confirm this by answering a question ("Are you sure you want to unregister etc etc?"). The problem is that Paradise has put the YES button to the RIGHT. Normally, in Windows, when you are asked to confirm something, you click on the LEFT button in the popup window. So spontaneously, an experienced Windows user will click the wrong button. I did, and I suspect you did too.

But yes, you can unregister from tournaments at Paradise (until 1 minute before the seating begins or something like that). You just have to click the RIGHT button.

Jonas