PDA

View Full Version : General $3/6 pre flop question

joker122
05-21-2004, 01:53 AM
For those of you who play 3/6 regularly, how often are you at a table where you can limp with good multi way hands in EP (namely, small pocket pairs)? Having recently moved up from $2/4, where these hands are playable anywhere on almost any table, I am playing them upfront at 3/6 out of habit. I know you're first response it going to be "it depends on the table." Well, I know that, but what % of tables do you think they are playable? Thanks in advance.

MaxPower
05-21-2004, 02:13 AM
I think small and medium pocket pairs are playable in EP in most games. If the occasional pot is getting raised but rarely 3-bet pre-flop, they are playable. If the pot is being frequently raised or 3-bet, they are not.

The games are generally aggressive on the flop which is good for pocket pairs, but not so good for suited connectors and hands like Axs.

Alobar
05-21-2004, 02:18 AM
My default is to not play small pocker pairs in EP at 3/6 until I'm sure the table is the right table. I say prolly half the time it works out to where I can still do it as opposed to the 80% I was doing it at 2/4

tech
05-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Just guessing, around 40%-50% of the tables? If I sit at a table and don't feel comfortable with it, I change tables. Thus, I pretty much always limp with those in EP.

I also recently moved up to 3/6, and I find myself tablehopping a lot more than I did at 2/4.

Trix
05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
I dont know. I just muck them at the beginning and then start limping if I like the table en enough.

joker122
05-21-2004, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also recently moved up to 3/6, and I find myself tablehopping a lot more than I did at 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definately. One of the main reasons for this is because I often find my table has been overrun with regulars who I'd rather now play with. Hell, it's probably all of you guys!