PDA

View Full Version : I screwed up!

NNH
05-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Did I play this badly? I probably should have raised preflop, but I still think he made a horrible call. How would you guys have played it.

Note, I hadn't jumped in on a hand in quite a while. I also had this player pegged as a pretty solid one so far.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

Hero (t1340)
SB (t860)
BB (t4225)
UTG (t1575)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls t300, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (t750) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t750</font>, BB calls t750.

Turn: (t2250) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t290 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t290.

River: (t2830) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: t2830

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac As (one pair, aces).
BB shows Jd 5h (two pair, jacks and fives).
Outcome: BB wins t2830. </font>

BigJax
05-21-2004, 05:19 PM
I understand where you're coming from with the limp preflop...it's so rare to catch bullets with the blinds this high, with time running out, that you hate to come out with only a steal that you probably could have accomplished with 9T or A6.

I would have gone all-in on the flop...why bet 70% of your remaining stack knowing you're going to bet the little bit left over on the turn (which he's guaranteed to call if he calls your flop bet), when you can just bet the whole thing and put him to a decision for more chips? Perhaps he would have folded his J5 for 1150 but not for 750, and if not you're still a huge favorite in the hand. Other than that, he hit is 5-outer on the turn and cracked your aces....what can ya do.