PDA

View Full Version : Tens - what do you think of the flop call?

joker122
05-20-2004, 10:41 PM
No reads on this guy. I figured a Q would wait till the turn to CR.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ac Kd (three of a kind, queens).
Hero shows Td Ts (full house, queens full of tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

Homer
05-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Tens - what do you think of the flop call?

No way would I fold on the flop. You have to see showdown here against all but the most passive opponents.

joker122
05-21-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No way would I fold on the flop. You have to see showdown here against all but the most passive opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer, can you elaborate a little on this?

anatta
05-21-2004, 12:22 AM
I think you are right when you say a Queen would wait until the turn to check raise most of the time. Well played. When he checkraised you, it was headsup, guys will try all sorts of things and, at limit holdem, your biggish pairs are usually a through ticket to a showdown.

Homer
05-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Most low-limit players will wait until the turn to raise with trip Queens, especially in this situation since it is heads-up. Your opponent will have a 2, a small-medium pocket pair, a flush draw or be on a stone cold bluff most of the time.

A question for you: What percentage of the time do you think your opponent will have trip Queens in this situation?

-- Homer