PDA

View Full Version : Little halp

ZootMurph
05-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Can anyone advise me on how to best play this hand?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t800)
Button (t800)
ZootMurph (t800)

Preflop: ZootMurph is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls t15, MP2 calls t15, MP3 calls t15, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, ZootMurph completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t105) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
ZootMurph checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets t15</font>, MP2 calls t15, MP3 calls t15, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, ZootMurph calls t15, BB folds.

Turn: (t195) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">ZootMurph bets t100</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to t350</font>, CO folds, Button folds, ZootMurph calls t250.

River: (t895) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
ZootMurph checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets t250</font>, ZootMurph calls t250.

Final Pot: t1395
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: t1395 (t1395), between MP3 and ZootMurph.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (t1395).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
ZootMurph shows 8h 7h (straight, jack high).
MP3 shows Jd Qh (straight, king high).
Outcome: MP3 wins t1395. </font>

Hood
05-21-2004, 09:54 AM
(ignore me, read the HH wrong)

37offsuit
05-21-2004, 10:08 AM
You were both chasing and both hit. Don't know how you can save any chips here other than with a raise on the flop to see where you're at. The only problem with this is that on the flop you are no where, really. This is one of those hands where you got what you paid for, chasing a cheap draw only to get bit back. Chalk it up to part of poker. If you were playing Omaha, I'd say it's an easy turn lay down. Without the greatest read on this player, one developed not just from this game but from 100s of others where I knew he wouldn't reraise without the nuts on the turn, you're just stuck here.

theprof
05-21-2004, 12:00 PM
What was the buy in? I probably would fold this unless it was 10+1. Its too early (first hand) to go in with 87s with the whole table seeing the flop.

DaffyDuck
05-21-2004, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was the buy in? I probably would fold this unless it was 10+1. Its too early (first hand) to go in with 87s with the whole table seeing the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completing the small blind with lots of limpers is EXACTLY the type of hand you SHOULD play with 87s. The flop is as good as could be hoped for.

I probably would have raised on the flop with the open-end str8 draw but the call to the min raise wasn't so bad.

I don't like the call on the turn after being raised. I would have re-raised or folded. Tough to fold, I probably would have put him on a set or a draw but not QJ so most likely I would have re-raised and lost all my chips right there.

Having called though, I REALLY don't like the call on the river. I would have folded with the J coming up.

Bob

Phil Van Sexton
05-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm sure I would have lost all my chips on the turn. If there were fewer people seeing the flop (like 2 or 3), I definately would have led out and bet on the flop on a semi-bluff. He would have likely folded his gut-shot to any raise.

Unfortunately, with 7 people seeing the flop, your check and call was probably right.

I certainly would have re-raised allin on the turn and lost it all.

Assuming I called on the turn like you did, I don't think the call on the river was that bad. There was t895 in the pot and he bets only 250 rather than all-in? I would have to call because I don't think he has a Queen.

His bet on the turn smells like a slowplay (K9, 99, 66) or something he hit on the turn (TT). What hand could he possibly have with a Q? Obviously QJ, but I've already called on the turn and therefore I'm assuming that he doesnt have QJ. What other Q would he have played like this? QQ, no. AQ, no. KQ, no. Q9, no.

Of course, he could be a maniac playing Q3, but I'm certainly going to call and find out. If I call and lose, I have 170 and plenty of time to mount a comeback. If I call and win, I have 1500 and I'm in the drivers seat.