PDA

View Full Version : TT vs. The dreaded Ace Flop

Sarge85
05-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I feel like I'm airing really dirty laundry today... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

/images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.16 BB, between BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (9.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 4s Ac (two pair, aces and sixes).
UTG shows 5s 2s (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 9.16 BB. </font>
----------------------------------------------

JohnShaft
05-20-2004, 10:33 PM
The River is irrelevant, you made the right fold at the right time.
Though I may have called the 3-bet. I think your just about getting odds that it's makeable. BUT I think the fold is definitely OK, and probably right, because you dont have the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

It's funny because in your 99 on an A23 flop you weren't sure about betting the flop headsup with position?
And here you raise with two opponents when bet into.
I don't think it's wrong, it's just that it seems like you had an aggressive head on in this hand and a passive one on in the other? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BottlesOf
05-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah that turn and river suck. You're getting less than 15:1 to hit a T and you don't have much else. I'd consider dropping after a bet and call on the flop.

FletchJr.
05-20-2004, 10:48 PM
sarge, I think you got to fold this one on the flop.
YOu've shown strength preflop, now the BB bets right into 2 opponents.
a typical player will be holding a ace here.

JohnShaft
05-20-2004, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a typical player will be holding a ace here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right Fletch, but a high percentage of players will bet out with the flush draw here. On this flop if they can get you to fold an underpair because of the scare Ace all the better.

Your probably mostly behind, but I don't mind the raise really. I think it certainly wants to be done some of the time. If you know something about your opponents betting tendencies it's a real help though.

But I don't think the hand is necessarily lost on the flop.
I see merit in both ways, in different situations.
On a rainbow flop I'd be much more inclined to agree with you, because it is so raggy.

FletchJr.
05-20-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right Fletch, but a high percentage of players will bet out with the flush draw here. On this flop if they can get you to fold an underpair because of the scare Ace all the better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you here, I infact have represented an ace right into a preflop raiser or 3 better with an underpair many times.

[ QUOTE ]
If you know something about your opponents betting tendencies it's a real help though.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the Key. We both know that too, and against a typical player in which i had no read against, I'd fold my TT. I agree with you though, raising is much better then just calling, and a fair percent of the time you will be ahead with your mid pair.