PDA

View Full Version : Update: Phil's Million Dollar System

Syntax
05-20-2004, 09:29 PM
I placed my order for these DVD's on 5/11 (10 days ago). I opted for the two additional DVD's as well as the subscription to CardPlayer Magazine. They stated delivery would take 1-3 weeks or for another $3.95 I could get rush delivery, guaranteed in 5 business days, so I tacked that on too.

Well the five business days came and went, and no shipment. I called the ordering number to find out what the deal was, and I was given the customer service number. I called that, and it went directly to voice mail and then another message stating that the voice mail system had reached capacity (lots of missing orders???), to try again later.

I called again on Tues, and still same result. So I called the ordering number again to talk to a live person and informed them of the situation. She took down my information and said she would pass it on too customer service and someone would call me back. No call.

I call the service number again on wednesday and its a voicemail message and I can leave a message this time, which I do. The day goes by without a returned call.

Thursday, still no delivery and I havent heard anything. I call the sales line again to talk to a live rep. Once again, I explain the situation. She takes my information and tells me customer service will call me back. I ask her "today" and she says yes by 4 pm pacific time. Never got the call.

I am a big fan of Phil (don't judge me on that /images/graemlins/crazy.gif) and I was really looking forward to these DVD's. Now I am just frustrated.

The product's website is not live. Thats pretty lame considering they are doing television advertising. The new commercial during the WPT last night stated the DVD were for $29.95. I think they were only $19.95 when I ordered. I'm not sure whats been charged to my card at this time.

I don't know how much control Phil has with his production company (Big Vision Entertainment) but his name is on the product and his reputaion is on the line. If the videos are as shoddy as the service, I fear my money has been wasted.

I did a quick search on the internet for Big Vision Entertainment hoping to find a different number to call. There wasn't much. However, those of you who dislike Phil might find a bit of irony and amusement in this. The only other product I could find that BVE produces is a DVD series called "Baby-Know-It-All".

nicky g
05-21-2004, 06:02 AM
"The only other product I could find that BVE produces is a DVD series called "Baby-Know-It-All"."

Outstanding! Maybe the whole thing's a prank?

Aceshigh7
05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I ordered mine 9 days ago also with 5 day delivery and have received nothing as well.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-21-2004, 04:43 PM
I guess that's why it's 'Phil's Million Dollar System' and not 'Syntax's Million Dollar System' or 'Aceshigh7's Million Dollar System'. Phil's the only one getting a million dollars (or some fraction of, at least).

The system is:
1) put your famous name on some bogus product
2) 'sell' it to unsuspecting people over the internet
3) run off with their money

Syntax
05-21-2004, 04:52 PM
I certaintly wouldnt call myself "unsuspecting". Not counting groceries, I have spent more money and bought more things on the internet then in all B&M stores combined.

I think this is a case of jumping the gun by taking a bunch of orders they can not fulfill or are not prepared for and then having no customer service at all to back it up.

Daliman
05-21-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"The only other product I could find that BVE produces is a DVD series called "Baby-Know-It-All"."

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no, this is just WAY too easy...

Paddy
05-22-2004, 01:43 AM
Why...whatever do you mean?!
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Syntax
05-22-2004, 03:04 AM
After leaving message #4 today, I finally got a return call. The service rep was pleasant, and after looking up my information she proceeded to inform me that neither myself nor my order was showing up in her database, and there was no record of any order to my address.

Confounded, I explained to her exactly what I had been offered and what I purchased, and she apologized for the "error" and then offered to retake my information.

However, due to popular demand they are "now" out of stock of all their videos and don't expect another shipment for 3 more weeks!! Wow, with all those dvd's flying off the shelf I'm suprised no one has posted anything about these dvd's on these forums or RGP yet.

My guess is they were never really ready to launch the products (their website isnt even functional) but the timing of the new WPT shows, the WSOP and Howard's Lederer's DVD series being released forced them to make some premature moves. They probably gambled on being able to make a certain deadline and failed.

Aceshigh7
05-22-2004, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the update. What a pisser.

I checked and they charged my credit card way back on the day I ordered it. Lovely.

Syntax
05-22-2004, 04:12 AM
Aceshigh7, I hope you have better luck with your order. As far as I can tell my card was not charged so you might be in better shape.

I wonder what the "guarantee" in the "5 day delivery gaurantee" is worth? You might want to check it out, however its a bit tricky getting through to customer service.

MrGo
05-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Where did you order these from?

tolbiny
05-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Better system,
write a book about how to make millions by starting your own religion and having people pay to move up. After book sales flop start own religion- call it "scientology"

spacemonkey57
05-25-2004, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Better system,
write a book about how to make millions by starting your own religion and having people pay to move up. After book sales flop start own religion- call it "scientology"

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, brainwash gullible celebrities to believe in new religion. Charge $26 for red string and $5 for blessed bottled water.

Scientology = Old and Busted
Kabbalah = the new hotness

1p0kerb0y
05-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Has anyone received this product yet? Does anyone have a review on it?

Aceshigh7
06-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I still haven't received it. Called and left a voicemail on their customer service line today.

Syntax
06-01-2004, 11:24 PM
I made this same post to RGP and got a few replies. As far as I know, no one has recieved the DVD's yet. I personally don't think they are ready to ship yet.

I hope I can catch Phil playing at UB one day so I can ask him about it.

AgentBishop
06-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Any news on this. Has anyone watched them yet? I saw Phil online the other night. I asked him if it was on backorder or not and he just gave me the address to the site to order them.

Syntax
06-10-2004, 12:19 AM
I've been wanting to catch Phil online to ask him about this. I read on RGP that a few people have recieved letters stating that the DVD's were on backorder and that they were sorry and would be recieving a free dvd. But, there was no word as to when it would be in stock. I actually called again yesterday, and left a message. But as someone else said, its easier to get the president on the phone then it is to get someone at Phil's company to answer.

06-10-2004, 12:29 AM
Check out this link:
http://cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=14066

We haven't received our DVD's but it looks like Phil and his buddies have been putting our funds to good use - for the buy-in in this year's WSOP!

"On the sixth hand of day two, I raise with K-10 to $1,500, and get called by two players, including one of my business partners in the new Phil Hellmuth Million Dollar Poker System DVDs, John Moonves, who is in the big blind."

1p0kerb0y
06-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Any updates on this product?

kingstalker
06-18-2004, 01:43 AM
I got mine yesterday, the DVD's are kinda like the video version of his book "Play poker like the pro's"

Aceshigh7
06-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Still haven't gotten [censored].

chibears2280
06-22-2004, 09:34 PM
I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago, with the express shipping, and haven't received them either. I emailed them and surprisingly got a response, but a weird one.

"Your order was shipped a few days ago. It looks like you should have received it by today. If you haven't received it by 6/22/04, please email us back and we'll rush it out again. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

I'm wondering why, if they really shipped it, they would just offer to send me another set if I didn't get it by today? I guess I will just email them back that I did not receive it and maybe I'll get 2 sets...but I'm thinking I just got the ole "checks in the mail" routine

Syntax
06-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Yep, were getting the Phil Hellmuth reach around.

chibears2280
06-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Well, I at least got another email from them, they are supposedly going to send me another set in the mail. They claim they sent it out USPS Priority. They also claim they refunded my express shipping charges, i will have to check on that one.

Syntax
06-26-2004, 03:28 AM
I never got the email they promised or a return phone call from customer service either. One or two people posted on RGP that they finally got the DVD, and since they never actually charged me for the order, I decided to just phuck it and place the order again (all 4 dvd's and a year subscription to Cardplayer and rush delivery, total $85).

I did that last Saturday, and they were delivered on Tuesday. AMAZING Also, I got and email from Cardplayer around Tuesday as well thanking me for subscribing. Looks like they finally got their shiit together. I will try and post a review today.