PDA

View Full Version : to be like the "producers"

tolbiny
05-20-2004, 08:18 PM
One of my problems in adjusting to online NL tournie play from live Low stakes Limit play (5-10) is extracting the most value from big flopped hands, ie sets str8s and flushes. In live limit play i would just bet out and get a dozen callers, bet again on the turn and the field would drop to 9 or so and on the river i might get only 5 or 6. Maybe a bit of an exageration- but not to much sometimes.

Now in the NL sng tournies i essentially have no idea how much to bet, and when to bet- especially in a small field. so heres an example- all hand specific and gernal comments welcome.

PP 8 players left 30+3 SNG level 4 blinds
Utg- T500 limps
sb T1400 calls
BB (me) T1200 checks with Th7h

pot T150
flop comes
AhKhQh

sb chekcs
i bet 50
utg and sb fold

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-21-2004, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my problems in adjusting to online NL tournie play from live Low stakes Limit play (5-10) is extracting the most value from big flopped hands, ie sets str8s and flushes. In live limit play i would just bet out and get a dozen callers, bet again on the turn and the field would drop to 9 or so and on the river i might get only 5 or 6. Maybe a bit of an exageration- but not to much sometimes.

Now in the NL sng tournies i essentially have no idea how much to bet, and when to bet- especially in a small field. so heres an example- all hand specific and gernal comments welcome.

PP 8 players left 30+3 SNG level 4 blinds
Utg- T500 limps
sb T1400 calls
BB (me) T1200 checks with Th7h

pot T150
flop comes
AhKhQh

sb chekcs
i bet 50
utg and sb fold

[/ QUOTE ]
Well shitt - it's kindof a scary flop.

37offsuit
05-21-2004, 10:16 AM
You have the second nut flush and a gut shot royal draw. The only person who might call is someone with the J of hearts on this flop. So gamble a little here. Give a free card by checking and see if someone will maybe bluff at you, or suddenly decide that their pair of kings is now good. Your risk is very small (that a 4th heart hits the board and that someone will have the J). You have middle position so that gives the SB two chances to bluff at you and the UTG one chance before you have to make a bet before risking getting it checked out. If it checks around on the flop and again on the turn, your bet on the river might seem like a steal and get you some action. It might even get someone trying to resteal, especially if they catch a straight or something like that.