PDA

View Full Version : AKs in a huge pot, and I feel lost

Alobar
05-20-2004, 06:11 PM
no real clear individual reads due to multi tabling...but the table as a whole is pretty loose

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

I decided not to raise here, because I would still be giving lots of draws the odds and then they have the odds on the turn to draw again, so I decided to wait. Then iot comes back to me 3 bet and I'm not even confident I'm ahead

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

decided to raise anyway

River: (23.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

thin value bet? I was sure someone would have the Q (goes to show how much I know)

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 25.50 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (25.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kc Js (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero shows As Ks (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.50 BB. </font>

I would love all thoughts on this one

Clarkmeister
05-21-2004, 03:20 AM
Even if you are only 40% sure you even have the best hand, your turn raise is still good. In a huge pot like this you simply must throw caution to the wind and do everything possible to get others out of the hand. Good bet on the end. Many times you will get called by one, two, even three worse hands. That possibility is simply too great to let a potential checkraise stop you from betting. Nice hand, nice pot.