PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 hand heads up at PP, am i weak?

pokerraja
05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
I have been doing very well recently in 5-10 shorthanded tables. So I decided to try the 10-20 shorthanded game. I have been doing very well here. The main difference i notice is that it is much more aggresive and more bluffing. So I pretty much just play good cards and try to keep it basic. I dont get rattled if i get check-raised or raised frequently as it seems everyone is trying to put a move on someone.

This hand came up last night. Table broke and it became heads up. i was doing very well at this table. i had a big stack. my opponent i noticed has been playing too many pots and trying to bluff people out of pots. hence he was tilting.

So I'm in BB with A2 os. He raises. i reraise. he calls. FLOP is (K J 2) rainbow. He bets, I reraise, he calls. Turn is 5, now two spades on board. He checks, I bet, He calls. River is a rag. He checks, I check. I win the pot with pair of 2's. Tell me what I did wrong? Did I play this hand correctly? Am I a lose cannon? or this is a savvy play?

pokerraja
05-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Edit- i just re-read this post. kinda funny how I say that I keep it basic and then run this hand by you guys. I guess i should emphasize that I felt he was trying to make a move again. So I strayed from my normal tight game and went on feel. I felt i had the better hand PF. I was ready to dump my hand after flop if he reraised me. or even on turn. I think I missed a bet after the river? He probably would of folded, but im suppose to bet, correct?

haakee
05-20-2004, 04:38 PM
I would play similarly heads-up against an aggressive tilter. The river is close, but I'd check because I'd feel like I have to call his check-raise and I'd hate to pay two bets on the river and get shown pocket 4s.

rigoletto
05-20-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been doing very well recently in 5-10 shorthanded tables. So I decided to try the 10-20 shorthanded game. I have been doing very well here. The main difference i notice is that it is much more aggresive and more bluffing. So I pretty much just play good cards and try to keep it basic. I dont get rattled if i get check-raised or raised frequently as it seems everyone is trying to put a move on someone.

This hand came up last night. Table broke and it became heads up. i was doing very well at this table. i had a big stack. my opponent i noticed has been playing too many pots and trying to bluff people out of pots. hence he was tilting.

So I'm in BB with A2 os. He raises. i reraise. he calls. FLOP is (K J 2) rainbow. He bets, I reraise, he calls. Turn is 5, now two spades on board. He checks, I bet, He calls. River is a rag. He checks, I check. I win the pot with pair of 2's. Tell me what I did wrong? Did I play this hand correctly? Am I a lose cannon? or this is a savvy play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd let him bet it all the way. You make one more sb and avoid Hakees river problem