PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Weekly Tournaments with NO REBUYS??

Dentist
05-20-2004, 11:15 AM
What tournaments besides the daily Mandalay Bay and Luxor Tournies have NO REBUYS??

Do any of the Mirage or Bellagio tournaments come with no rebuys? Or maybe limited to ONE rebuy??

I absolutely hate rebuy events and will not play in them. I just don't like the concept and don't like the strategy adjustments.

stupidsucker
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
The Bellagio Wed. Tourney is a 540 buy in no Rebuys.

The rebuy thing at most places is more of a gimik then anything. It doesnt effect play very much. For instance: The Orleans always has 1 rebuy that is cheaper then the initial buy in BUT you can buy both at once AND the rebuy amount you get 2x as many chips... So basically they are just making it stupid not to get the rebuy.

This rebuy is a one time only thing, and can only be purchased in the first hour of play. If you have not tried The Orleans I recomend giving it a shot. Their structure is nice, and the rebuy only effects the first hour of play.

It is a little annoying that some people will play a little loose and go all in with that first set of chips because they know they can rebuy, but you dont need to be busting out any advanced moves just yet anyways. Just skate past that first hour of low blinds and rebuys then open up your game.

Dentist
05-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Why do people like rebuy events anyway?

I think tournaments where you lose and can get back in are lame.

When you LOSE you should be DONE... that is how things should work.....
I know the prize pools usually get larger, but besides that WHY?

fnord_too
05-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I am split on them. I don't like the wild aspect, or the fact that the average stack size grows so fast, but I do like the fact that people will make multiple rebuys and throw off a lot of cash and chips.