PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick flops AA3...

freeze-tag
05-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Paradise, micro limits, very loose passive table, 10 handed, dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG

I don't have the exact hand history but here's the best recreation I can come up with.

Hero bets , EP1 calls, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, LP folds, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 players, 10SB BB checks, <font color="red">Hero checks "Everyone is folding to flop bets...let's try to slow play since I bet preflop" </font> EP1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 Players, 5 BB. BB checks, Hero bets, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB folds.

River [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 players, 9 BB Hero bets, EP1 calls, MP1 folds, CO raises, Hero re-raises, EP1 folds, CO caps, Hero calls.

Please comment on my flop and river play.

18 BB, Results in white below:
<font color="white"> CO shows 10c 10d [ 10s full of As]
Hero folds [trip As] </font>

sublime
05-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Bet the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks "Everyone is folding to flop bets...let's try to slow play since I bet preflop"

[/ QUOTE ]

You raised preflop u mean? Just bet it out and keep betting.

freeze-tag
05-20-2004, 11:09 AM
That's what I meant...what about re-raising the river?

secada
05-20-2004, 11:11 AM
freeze-tag,

everyone folding to flop bets but 3 call a turn bet when a blank falls? I hardly ever slow play anything at micro limits, and there are very few scenarios to slow play trips in my opinion.

As far as the river goes, all you really have to fear is AT, or TT, 33 or 77 probably raises on the turn. I don't think 3 betting is too bad.

I'll be interested to see what other people say.

-secada

sublime
05-20-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Everyone is folding to flop bets...let's try to slow play since I bet preflop"

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand that you are contradicting yourself here, right? Just bet the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for the river its hard not to bet, but pause and ask yourself "what could he be raising me with" 107s is the only logical (but is it?) answer that you are ahead of.

So just call the raise.

sfer
05-20-2004, 11:27 AM
From now on, I am going to have a no text subject for these clear bet the flop hands. It will be,

WTF! BTF! N/M

sublime
05-20-2004, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From now on, I am going to have a no text subject for these clear bet the flop hands. It will be,

WTF! BTF! N/M

[/ QUOTE ]

The moral of Sfer's nice post is:

Just bet your hands, the rest will take care of itself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

freeze-tag
05-20-2004, 12:00 PM
thanks for the thoughts!

sublime
05-20-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the thoughts!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh and welcome to the forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif