PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 JJ in the SB

Schmed
05-20-2004, 10:46 AM
ep calls, mp1 calls, mp2 calls, lp calls, co calls, I have J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and raise, BB folds, all call.

Flop

10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, ep1 calls, mp1 folds, mp2 calls, lp folds, co calls

Turn

3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, all call

River

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, mp2 bets, all fold to me I call

risen
05-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Hmm, if you weren't going for the c/r on the river and you were going to call a bet, why not bet?

elysium
05-20-2004, 02:00 PM
hi schmed
betout on the river. you have a good hand and should get called. when you've got them against the ropes with a good hand, you need to keep them there. better to bet here than check and call.

DcifrThs
05-20-2004, 02:05 PM
i dunno schmed.

that river check and call i think should have been either a bet or a checkraise. which would you prefer?

i think maybe you thought somebody was trapping you with the flush or has a better hand? di dyou think you wouldn't get called if you bet but would get a lesser hand to bet and you can call?

if that was me i know 100% i'd bet that river because i would feel nobody would bet it behind me often enough for a checkraise to work AND then call my raise with a worse hand. so for me, thats a bet.

but what did you want to happen with the check.? or did it happen exactly as you liked?

just curious.
-Barron

haakee
05-20-2004, 02:10 PM
You've got to bet the river here.

Schmed
05-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Dude in the mp had two garbage diamonds and took the pot down.

One thing I've noticed in my 10-20 game is there is a lot of any two suited card people. This player is one of them. I'm not complaining just pointing it out. The other one in the hand that is that kind of player as well. On top of that I thought that someone may have something like J9. I know there isn't any monsters but I figured I didn't want to see a river raise here. I thought there is a chance that I could get the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to bet as well.

Nightwish
05-20-2004, 05:57 PM
J9 is a little unlikely given that you have two J's. I wouldn't be too worried about it. As for someone flopping a flush, it's pretty rare as it is, and given that you have one diamond, it's even less likely. It's possible that your opponent flopped an A high flush (anything less and I would expect him to raise before the river, but looks like this guy is a moron). But I think he'll also call with many other hands here that you beat. It's a value bet, you just got unlucky this time.