PDA

View Full Version : Flush running into a paired river.

arkady
05-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Its late, I am stuck on this table but within the past 30 minutes everyone has gotten either loose or aggressive or combination of both.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> wanted to clear the field a bit. Didnt work out as planned.
</font>

Flop: (9.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> thought i 3-bet and go for a free card, but either way money in the pot is fine by me.
</font>

Turn: (10.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

<font color="green"> QK? 99? </font>

River: (18.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> really did not like that K, really didnt.
</font>

<font color="green"> With so much aggression is it reasonable to assume he might have a set? Anyone raises and just calls 3-bet? </font>

Final Pot: 20.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20.66 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (20.66 BB).</font>

<font color="green"> Comments on river? Comments anywhere else?
</font>

MAxx
05-20-2004, 11:42 AM
I would not have liked the King either, and with all the previous action- I would have definitely feared someone filling up their boat. I would not raise in this spot and just be happy with the large pot as it is if my hand is good, and save myself a big bet or 2 if my opponent just hit his boat.

arkady
05-20-2004, 11:50 AM
i was almost expecting a K, such has been my eventful month /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JDErickson
05-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I think I would have raised the river and called a 3 bet. This looks like a lower flush to me. He went crazy on the turn so he either hit the flush or is an idiot and is capping with 2 pair on a flush board.

jedi
05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Just a few thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
Its late, I am stuck on this table but within the past 30 minutes everyone has gotten either loose or aggressive or combination of both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> wanted to clear the field a bit. Didnt work out as planned.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to clear the field? ATs plays better multiway. You're really looking to hit a flush and get paid off by many, many people. You know that they're agressive. Let them be the agressors here and if you hit, then you'll have many people along for the ride.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (9.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> thought i 3-bet and go for a free card, but either way money in the pot is fine by me.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I like 3-betting in this spot with 2 opponents. One of them is paying the other 2 off. You may even win if the flush doesn't come.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (10.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's review the hand. MP2 limps pre-flop, then calls 2 more when it's 3-bet back to him. Then he raises the flop, and calls the cap. He's still showing agression on the turn when the /images/graemlins/club.gif gets there. At this point, I'd put him on a flush, or a small set, though KQ is a possiblity.

[ QUOTE ]

River: (18.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

</font>

<font color="green"> With so much aggression is it reasonable to assume he might have a set? Anyone raises and just calls 3-bet? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, King kills you against a flopped set or KQ. I still raise it up, and call a 3-bet, but I'm just getting too aggro this way.

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20.66 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (20.66 BB).</font>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments on my comments? So, what did he have?

arkady
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a few thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.

[ QUOTE ]

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to clear the field? ATs plays better multiway. You're really looking to hit a flush and get paid off by many, many people. You know that they're agressive. Let them be the agressors here and if you hit, then you'll have many people along for the ride.

<font color="red"> You are right, buts its also the kind of hand that can do well against fewer opponents, but not clearing is fine by me! </font>

[ QUOTE ]

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I like 3-betting in this spot with 2 opponents. One of them is paying the other 2 off. You may even win if the flush doesn't come.

<font color="red"> cool, the idea was primarily a free card, but it didnt matter to me either way at that point. </font>
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's review the hand. MP2 limps pre-flop, then calls 2 more when it's 3-bet back to him. Then he raises the flop, and calls the cap. He's still showing agression on the turn when the /images/graemlins/club.gif gets there. At this point, I'd put him on a flush, or a small set, though KQ is a possiblity.

[ QUOTE ]

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, King kills you against a flopped set or KQ. I still raise it up, and call a 3-bet, but I'm just getting too aggro this way.

<font color="red"> i guess thats really the main question, given the amount of aggression on the turn - how many times would i not be up against Kx or a set? </font>

[ QUOTE ]

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments on my comments? So, what did he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> ty for responding in a detailed fashion, helps me learn /images/graemlins/smile.gif what did he have? hehe...his yummy JTo hit the str8 on the turn. </font>