PDA

View Full Version : QJs in the BB, HU part 3

Guido
05-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Guido calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

sfer
05-20-2004, 10:20 AM
If I know the button is capable of raising any 2 on a steal, I'll usually 3-bet preflop. Sometimes I'll checkraise the flop, sometimes I'll bet.

On the turn/river, I don't see any other way to play it.

arkady
05-20-2004, 11:15 AM
With that kind of holding and any reasonable assumption that the button is stealing 3-bet pre-flop, because

- you probably have a better hand
- makes easier post-flop play

Did he have JT?

anatta
05-20-2004, 11:52 AM
I usually just call in the BB with this unless the button is a bully and I want to push back. Also if the three bet will scare him into folding more during the hand, I would do so.

I don't think it matters how you play this hand, try to mimic how he thinks you would play a made hand since you want him to fold Ace high or a small pocket pair if possible. The river play when you hit is right.