PDA

View Full Version : 23s in the BB this time, HU part 2

Guido
05-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Guido checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Guido checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Guido checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

anatta
05-20-2004, 12:04 PM
That was sweet. Usually, I check-raise any small piece of the flop (and I think you just defined the lower limits of "small piece", but wait, the backdoor...good plan). So the turn bet is strong, nice check-raise, glad he bet for you. I think I should do this more against my more aggressive opponents, especially since thin value bets on the river are so common from many players, and nobody like to fold to the river check-raise.