PDA

View Full Version : It's HU time again, part 1

Guido
05-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Guido calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Guido checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Guido calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

sfer
05-20-2004, 10:28 AM
I might try to checkraise the turn again, but it looks fine.

Guido
05-20-2004, 10:44 AM
After all the aggression preflop and on the flop, why do you like a check-raise on the turn? Are you capable of laying down after a 3-bet HU on the turn?

Guido

arkady
05-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Doesnt seem like Button was on a pure steal, did he show TT?

What would you have done if he raised on the turn?

sfer
05-20-2004, 10:53 AM
I said I might checkraise the turn. I should have elaborated by saying if I knew that the button could get out of line on steals/resteals. If that's the case and I get 3-bet, I call down.

Guido
05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Are you still convinced that it's a steal after all the action preflop and on the turn? If not then again, why check-raise the turn. I had no reads...

Guido

Sarge85
05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
I haven't played a single hand of $5/$10, but this seems pretty consistent with the $1/$2 or $2/$4 players I've played.

I wouldn't be suprised if the button had 99-TT, or Kings.

I can't seem him calling all the way down like that with AK -

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sfer
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Fair enough; your points are well taken. Then why lead the turn? I really would not want to fold to a turn raise against an unknown here.

Guido
05-20-2004, 11:37 AM
I don't want to see it checked through on the turn (he might a draw) and I would rather face a raise than a 3-bet on the turn.

Guido

pudley4
05-20-2004, 01:43 PM
You flop and turn play don't seem to fit together. Why just call his flop 3bet, but then bet out on the turn?

Guido
05-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I know what you mean and I will try to explain it but it's something strange I've experienced. Here we go:

I didn't have any reads on this guy so it might have been a steal but maybe not. That's why I 3-bet to find out and I might very well have the best hand. Now he caps, hmmm not so sure it's a steal anymore. Now I get TPTK and check-raise and he 3-bets. Now I don't believe it's a steal anymore and I put him on JJ-AA, AQ or KQ or a flush draw and want to get a showdown as cheap as possible without giving him a free card on the turn. I think that even when he has an overpair he won't raise me more on the turn than when I cap the flop and bet out on the turn again, maybe it's even less. I also lose more money this way if he has an overpair. I hope this explains why I played this way. Maybe someone else can help me.

Thanks,

Guido

Raiser
05-20-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that even when he has an overpair he won't raise me more on the turn than when I cap the flop and bet out on the turn again, maybe it's even less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Guido,

If you don't want to get raised on the turn, then why'd you bet it? It seems to me that if after the 3-bet on the flop you decide you are behind then check/call, check/call seems like the right path? Am I completely misunderstanding something here?

Thanks,
Raiser

Guido
05-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Not when you look at the amount of money but he could also be on a draw and I don't want to give a free card. When he holds AA, KK or JJ he won't raise me very often when I bet out on the turn after calling his 3-bet at least that's my experience.

Guido

Guido
05-21-2004, 04:22 AM
I would like to get some more comments on this one. What do you think about my reasoning and do you agree or disagree with it?

Thanks,

Guido

FletchJr.
05-21-2004, 04:45 AM
I agree with your reasoning, I like to the idea of shutting down on the flop, then coming firing out on the turn to prevent the free card.
What do you do if the Turn is a Spade?
another thing, if you bet out on a non-flush turn card and he raises you are you going to lay down this tptk?
I know I wouldn't be able to.

Guido
05-21-2004, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you do if the Turn is a Spade?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would still bet out, he might fold. When he raises it again is sometimes fold, sometimes I don't. In this case I probably would.

Guido

Trix
05-21-2004, 05:20 AM
Havenīt read the other responses but I think itīs good.
With the 2flush there and the chance of him checking behind on the turn I dont think ítīs worth going for the CR.