PDA

View Full Version : NLSNG Down to 4, passive large stack to your left, you in 2nd

Fraubump
05-20-2004, 06:00 AM
I seem to find myself in this position all the time. Get down to 4 players. The big stack is to my left, but s/he never ever friggin raises the two short stacks in the blinds to her left. Occasional calls, which often result in call pf, then fold to a bet on the flop. I can take advantage of it a bit, but generally I just wind up watching as the two shorter stacks grow due to the passivity of the big stack and I feel blocked from attacking because I can't risk a substantial raise with the big stack in my way. So instead of squeezing, chip stacks even out and it becomes a crap shoot. Whaddya do?

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-20-2004, 08:22 AM
I would think that if the big stack on my left never open-raises on the button, I can raise though him with confidence. If he reraises, I have to give him credit for having a hand.

T0asty
05-25-2004, 08:37 AM
I think I read a reply to something similar elsewhere.

If you raise with your good hands you can almost garentee to starve the short stacks.

If the BS re raises, the SSs have to go all in or fold. You can then fold. Big stack folds, SSs call / fold. You steal or have a good chance to bust one of them.

You raise like this every time they are in the Blinds and your hand is worth a bet (a steal hand (or a worse hand, depending on your Agg)).

This apprently is the best strat as even if it goes wrong with the re-raise from the BS, you still successful starve the SSs and after a few orbits they are forced to push with marginal hands or are blinded to death.

Hope this makes sense, I read this elsewhere so please don't shoot the messenger, allthough it works well for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif