PDA

View Full Version : Folding QQ on the turn

Haupt_234
05-20-2004, 02:56 AM
No major reads on my opponent though he seems
typical.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by MP2.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. MP2 wins 7.50 BB. </font>

I checked the flop in hopes of check-raising it, but that plan failed. So was the turn an easy fold or call down??

Haupt_234

LAGmaniac
05-20-2004, 03:04 AM
It's heads up so I'd call it down against an unknown. There's a lot of hands that will raise here to get you to fold. For example, he may be trying to protect a medium pair from overcards, I don't think he's worried that you have a King given that you checked the flop.

joker122
05-20-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked the flop in hopes of check-raising it

[/ QUOTE ]

What would that accomplish?

BusterStacks
05-20-2004, 03:21 AM
Yea check raising here is retarded. Against a PF capper, if he bets the flop he will probably just reraise you. For me (and especially against a typical player, as you say) it's too likely that he has AK or AA to even think about a check raise. Bet here to find out where you are, if you get raised, time to shut down. But what do I know...

BlueBear
05-20-2004, 04:03 AM
Calling down or folding are both OK here but I prefer to fold here (others will disagree). Without major reads and at these limits, i would say you're beaten 90% of the time here. I just don't see to many players capping their TT, JJ and the play seems pretty consistent with KK,AA or AK.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-20-2004, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked the flop in hopes of check-raising it, but that plan failed. So was the turn an easy fold or call down??

[/ QUOTE ]

So you checkraise the flop, then bet the turn and are raised, then you smack yourself in the head.

Bet outright and when raised, fold or see a showdown. That simple.

LAGmaniac
05-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Actually disregard that last post, I totally misread the hand somehow, maybe I was looking at a different hand. I was thinking you were heads up against the BB or the button, and I totally missed the pf cap by him. Now that I am looking at the correct hand I'd say you are definitely behind on this hand often enough to make this fold correct. It's very unlikely he plays this way with any hand that you beat. I probably would have called it down, but that's one of my leaks, I showdown too often.
Good laydown.