PDA

View Full Version : Andyfoxitis

andyfox
05-19-2004, 09:19 PM
40-80 game. All fold to me on the button. I raise with pocket kings. Small blind, who folds everything, folds. Big blind, who calls everything, calls.

Flop is 9-9-3. Small blind glances away and adjusts his posture. He has a 9. He checks, I check.

Turn is another 9. Well, this lessens his chance of having a 9 by roughly 50%. He glances at his rack of chips, which is off to his side and checks quietly. He has a 9. I check.

River is a king. He bets slowly and deliberately. He has a 9.

I call. After all, I have a monster, kings full.

He has a 9.

9-7o. And my hand is no good.

I wish I could tell you I folded the river. But I don't have Tommyangeloitis. I have Andyfoxitis.

I wish I had Tommyangeloitis.

MMMMMM
05-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Be careful what you wish for;-)

Dynasty
05-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Andyfoxitis is more along the lines of thinking things like this:

1. Why do you want to get involved from your big blind against a tight-aggressive player who raised in EP when all you've got is Queen-high?

2. In EP, if the first card I'm dealt is lower than 7, it's not necessary to look at the second card.

3. If you've got a hand worth limping with in the cutoff, raise with it.

mike l.
05-20-2004, 01:00 AM
"1. Why do you want to get involved from your big blind against a tight-aggressive player who raised in EP when all you've got is Queen-high?

2. In EP, if the first card I'm dealt is lower than 7, it's not necessary to look at the second card.

3. If you've got a hand worth limping with in the cutoff, raise with it."

yeah gee that's just awful. i wonder how he continues to just kill the 40-80 at commerce month after month playing as horribly silly as all that?

Sredni Vashtar
05-20-2004, 01:18 AM
It was inevitable that such a titled post was being crafted by the Fox. Clovis would have been shocked otherwise.

Andy, calling there is like eating Filboid Studge. Sredni trusts no futher elaboration is required. (At least for you)

Sredni Vashtar.

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/People/rgs/sk-studge.html

andyfox
05-20-2004, 01:48 AM
You made my day, my friend. On a day when smiles were in short supply, a broad grin is now delighting my old and gray mien. Reminds me of the time I visited the old town of Pskoff, but that's a story for another day.

Thank you, Sredni. Warmest regards to R.

DiamondDave
05-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Great post. Don't beat yourself up too much over the loose call on the end with kings full!

andyfox
05-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Had my hand been good, it would have taken an act of courage to turn it over and wait for the reaction from the other players . . . "Nice call, Nancy," and all that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

rigoletto
05-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Everybody would show symptoms of Andyfoxitis when there are 5 nines in the deck!

elysium
05-20-2004, 06:01 PM
hi andy
the issue here is whether or not you should show on the showdown. i was going to start this sentence with 'and' but i know how you hate that.

anyways, don't show. hopefully you didn't. the reason is that it communicates a few things that you may actually want to communicate, but, in retrospect you shouldn't communicate. showing that down will hurt you in subsequent hands. and don't tell anyone about it either. then they'll really spook.