PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Travel Channel!

ThePopinjay
05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Ohhhh the fish they hath spawned. (http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/worldpoker/challenges/challenge1/challenge1_zoom1.html)

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Awesome.

MaxPower
05-20-2004, 03:47 PM
I actually don't think Hon Lee played the hand that badly. I dont know what the blinds were, but he had only 70K left. I don't blame him for calling the 50K raise with a flush draw.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-20-2004, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I actually don't think Hon Lee played the hand that badly. I dont know what the blinds were, but he had only 70K left. I don't blame him for calling the 50K raise with a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's all fine and good, but I like the 'lesson' fresh fish are likely to take from it.

eastbay
05-21-2004, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's all fine and good, but I like the 'lesson' fresh fish are likely to take from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Especially the "find out if you made the right choice" line.

As if the right choice depends on what comes on the river.

eastbay

whiskeytown
05-21-2004, 09:08 AM
you see, in that situation, I would have seriously considered going all in after the flop anyways....so I really can't fault the way Hon played that - I would just rather get rid of weak hands after the flop

like Hon Le, I'm probably gonna go to the river at that point being pot committed and short stacked, but I'd rather drive A high out - an all-in could do that -
although some would rather take the double up gamble instead

and if not, I still got a few outs - but in any case, I made the decision to call with what I had left and glad to see it came...LOL

BTW, I was at work and didn't have the video or sound up - hat did his opponent raise with?

Richard Berg
05-21-2004, 09:51 AM
The opponent had AA. They also don't tell you that Hon was on the button, i.e. the raise behind him was actually a c/r.