PDA

View Full Version : Turn Gets Capped, And All I've Got Is This Lousy Nut-Flush Draw

BonJoviJones
05-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero...

Now, strictly speaking right now I have the odds to call $12 if all 9 of my outs are good, which seems unlikely. However, with 2 more people that seem likely to call and possible river action, it seems an easy call. Agree?

Obviously if my flush comes down without pairing to board, I play hard. What's your action if the flush comes down but pairs the board? How many bets would you call?

Alobar
05-19-2004, 06:26 PM
you have an easy raise on the flop. You can raise for value and take the free card on the turn if you like.

if everyone calls you are getting like 6-1 for you're turn call, even 2 of your outs are tainted you are still getting oddds to call and you can figure getting calls on the rivern. You cant be possitive someone is on a set either, BB may have AK or KQ or even AA, and one if not both of the other 2 could have the str8. So even if the board does pair and gives you the flush, I think it will be obvious if someone has the FH because that 3rd heart is going to scare everyone.

Warik
05-19-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm calling the turn. You're getting 17.25:3 (5.75:1) on a 5.4:1 shot (if you exclude the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif).

If the river pairs the board I'll call a bet and type "pretty please don't raise." The turn action screams set(s).

tripdad
05-19-2004, 06:35 PM
raise the flop. call the turn. if your heart comes, raise. if it paired board, raise/call reraise. if already raised to you, call. nice draw!

cheers!

BonJoviJones
05-20-2004, 12:55 PM
I call.

River comes down a 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, giving me the nuts. Checked to me, I bet, all called.

Was up against KQ, KK, and JT for a flopped top two, flopped top set, and a turned straight. Glad I rivered the flush.

By the way, you're all right. That was an easy flop raise. I missed it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif