PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 live NLH sucker side

AJo Go All In
05-19-2004, 03:48 PM
5-10 live NLH. on my immediate right and left are the two loose cannons of the game. they are probably two of the biggest long-term losers, and the two toughest to put on hands. far too loose and aggressive.

all three of us have about 2500-3000. anyway RHO limps, i limp with 5d6d, LHO makes it 60 to go, RHO calls as do i. 3-way flop.

flop is 789 with 1 diamond. RHO bets out 275. LHO will almost always come over the top here with an overpair. i call. LHO just calls. big pot now.

the turn gives me a straight, a T falls. 789-T. now RHO says "well that was a bad card" and checks. for what it's worth, i believe him. i think and check too. now LHO bets 400. dammit. i should have bet myself. RHO quickly calls. obviously, LHO is aware of the concept of bluffing a scare card.

what now?

sniperd
05-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Unless I am misreading, it looks like you flopped the straight. You stated the turn gave you the straight. Ok, I am going with you flopped it, so here goes:

Even if they are loose cannons, I think I would either get some more action on the flop since many cards can scare you (you could already be drawing dead.) This is one of those times when it all depends on what you know about the players.

Even if they play like the loose cannons I know, I think I have to get out of there on the turn. The way I normally deal with this stuff is, if I can't be in there raising, or feel comfortable calling, I am gone. With these 2 nut bags, your gonna get yourself caught in a whip saw.

I would save my chips for another hand, or have raised it big on the flop, enough to feel I was commited.

My 2 cents.

AJo Go All In
05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
yes, i flopped the straight. my comment about the turn was a joke.

Prevaricator
05-19-2004, 07:28 PM
If you stay for the river, a 6 will peel off :P. I don't think you can play your counterfeited straight at this point. Its too easy for one of them to have a J, and RHO's play on the turn is somewhat suspicious. With both of them in the pot, you have to figure one of them has the goods.