PDA

View Full Version : Check-raise river (and fold to a 3-bet?)

Nate tha' Great
05-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Opponents are unknown.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Nate Tha' Great is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Nate Tha' Great raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Nate Tha' Great bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Nate Tha' Great checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Nate Tha' Great calls.

River: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Nate Tha' Great checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nate Tha' Great raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.25 BB, between Nate Tha' Great and Button.</font>

Requeim
05-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I like the check-raise, fold to a 3 bet route on the river. Altho, I would've lead out on the turn more often than not, or possibly checkraised the turn and bet the river in the dark if I felt tricky.

stripsqueez
05-19-2004, 07:35 PM
what do you think hes got ? - more to the point what hand is going to call the river check raise that you beat ? - i'm not convinced the river check raise is a good plan

if i forget about my doubt over the check raise then i think this probably is a spot where you can fold to a 3 bet - i suppose thats saying that the board is so threatening to anybody who doesnt have a Q that you can be virtually certain that a 3 bet has a Q

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Nate tha' Great
05-19-2004, 07:55 PM
You've played in these games long enough to know that folks make all sorts of terrible calldowns on check-raises. I thought he probably had some kind of weak Ace, or a flush draw.