PDA

View Full Version : AA hand: would you have played this differently?

SinCityGuy
05-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed), unknown opponents

Preflop: SinCityGuy is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SinCityGuy raises, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SinCityGuy bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO raises, SinCityGuy 3-bets, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SinCityGuy bets, MP1 calls, CO raises, SinCityGuy calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SinCityGuy checks, MP1 checks, CO bets, SinCityGuy calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Luke
05-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Exactly how I would have played it.

Luke

CrackerZack
05-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Nope.

Why? He had QJ and you feel like you missed a bet or 2? Or he had a 7 and felt you could've gotten away from the hand? I'm showing this down and I think your aggression level was fine.

hutz
05-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Here's the ultimate derogatory comment towards your play: you did what I would have done. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SinCityGuy
05-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Results:

SinCityGuy shows Ac Ad (two pair, aces and sevens).
MP1 shows Qd As (two pair, queens and sevens).
CO shows 8h 7d (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: CO wins 18 BB.

I apologize for wasting the forum space on this type of a rote hand. I had just suffered my second worst online session ever, and I was scratching my head going over the results, looking for some possible leaks. This hand was fairly typical of 15 big pots that I lost with big pairs, sets, top two, etc.

j.k.
05-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Nope.

Senor Choppy
05-23-2004, 04:30 AM
These are probably the most helpful types of hands to get feedback on, even if they're boring to other players. It's really difficult to have the right perspective on these, no matter how clear cut it seems to everyone else, after you either ran over the table for $4k or lost a similar amount.

It's a good attitude to have, and it beats my solution to nights like that, which is throwing things at my cats /images/graemlins/frown.gif