PDA

View Full Version : Did i miss a river raise?

Requeim
05-19-2004, 03:35 PM
My first hand at the table. Against the usual suspect, did I miss a river raise?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (23 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 25 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qs 8s (one pair, eights).
Hero shows 3c 3d (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 25 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
05-19-2004, 08:43 PM
i havent looked at the results - i dont think its auto to raise the river - the SB didnt take his foot off the pedal once the flop hit - unless the SB is a tad mad i think you should pay him some respect - you also have the prospect of an over call by UTG

i dont like the flop cap - if your going to slowplay the flop then you should slowplay the flop - when you cap it screams "i was going to slowplay but now i'm feeling too greedy" - i have never seen less than 3 of a kind for such a raise

stripsqueez - chickenhawk