PDA

View Full Version : Party - free set of poker chips - for real?

t_perkin
05-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Is this for real?

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/promotion/party_poker.asp

Are these chips any good?

Seems like a very generous offer for only 250 raked hands.

I think my 2nd and 3rd addresses are all going to be playing at party very soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim

nolanfan34
05-19-2004, 02:06 PM
The chips aren't bad. My friends and I have some different sets in this style. You'll find a million of them on eBay. But we like them, the 11.5 have a decent weight to them, and since they're not true clay chips, they're washable, which is good when someone commits a "party foul" on the table.

Some of us have had custom labels printed up for them, and they have a good surface for that.

The case itself is pretty cheap, but it works.

Pretty good idea for a promotion, the free chips are probably more appealing to some compared to a 25% deposit bonus.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-19-2004, 02:12 PM
To me, it looks like an affiliate trying to scam people to sign up through him. It also seems to me that you'd be better off to find an affiliate who's willing to give you 15% or more for a rake rebate - you'd get more than enough money back from that to buy the set yourself if you play any decent amount of online poker.

Patrick

dogsballs
05-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Looks like an affiliate thing.

you sneaking into their 10 June tourney?

GrannyMae
05-19-2004, 02:27 PM
as much as i hate to have seen the link posted here, i will say to other affiliates that this is an excellent site. it is well constructed, looks great and if i did not know better, i would have thought it was a party site. it has original ideas and i'll bet this affiliate does very well. is this a 2+2ers site? congrats if it is.

i would steal the code for this site if i was going to be an affiliate.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/lamer.gif

OrangeHeat
05-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Check out the poll on the home page in the upper right on wins/losses. It actually looks like some people voted honestly.

Orange

ohkanada
05-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Anyone hear anything about this Aztec poker? Sounds like a prima site. Free poker chips seems like a fine deal to me.

Ken Poklitar

gregdillon
05-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know about Aztec Poker? I could use some decent chips, but I've never heard of Aztec. Would it be worth it to toss $100 over there?

gregdillon
05-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Guess I should have read you post first....Said the exact same thing. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JTrout
05-19-2004, 04:56 PM
If you haven't signed up on Pacific, pm me and I can point you towards an affiliate that is advertising a free set of 500 chips (11.5 g) till the end of May.

Poker Jet
05-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Aztec is a Prima skin, yes.

ZeeJustin
05-19-2004, 05:08 PM
The chips are valued at only $70. It is not unheard of for affiliates to pay people more than this to sign up under them.

fluff
05-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Just as an FYI, identical sets to those generally sell for $40 on Ebay, and ships for about $20 to the continental US.

So retail value of the thing is about $60.

Dingo Puppet
05-19-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me, it looks like an affiliate trying to scam people to sign up through him. It also seems to me that you'd be better off to find an affiliate who's willing to give you 15% or more for a rake rebate - you'd get more than enough money back from that to buy the set yourself if you play any decent amount of online poker.

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the site and it says under the frequent flopper program that is coming soon that they will give a rake rebate back to everyone.

Nice site actually volunteering givebacks is rare for an affiliate.

namknils
05-19-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out the poll on the home page in the upper right on wins/losses. It actually looks like some people voted honestly.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I thought the same thing. I was pretty excited to be in the top 20 or so percent who said over $1,000. Here that means crap /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

myeh818
05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
FYI - I signed up with them about a month ago and got the free chips. Back then it was just a $50 deposit with no raked hand requirement. Eitehr way, it was a great deal. I got my chips about 10 days after I signed up and I love them. I didn't realize they added Aztec, I might have to check that out. Has anyone actually played there? I have anohter Prima account on Royal Vegas. I guess it's about the same?

Pretzel
05-20-2004, 01:41 AM
I have played a decent amount on Aztec lately because they have been sending me some great reload bonus offers lately.
They are a prima skin and have probably the slowest cashouts on the internet. It takes about 5 days before they even acknowledge that you have made a cashout, and then it is another 2-3 days before the money hits neteller. Also on your first cashout they will ask you to fax in your driver's licence and credit card (at least they did for me).
If you are willing to put up with all this is is otherwise the same as gaming club as far as i can tell. And I have gotten a ton of great bonus offers lately, though those only seem to go to certain people.

Pretzel

myeh818
05-20-2004, 08:40 AM
To be honest, I think I’m going to take the plunge with Aztec to get the free chips from Poker Source Online again, but in your opinion is it worth it? I mean, when I cashed some money out of Party Poker it took seconds. Is this normal form all the other rooms? I just joined Royal Vegas this week, so I don’t know how their cash out is going to be. I kind of feel like joining too many poker rooms is like having too many credit cards. I guess I can close my Royal Vegas account, after all, with the deposit bonus and winning a few tournaments I am actually up!

Thanks for the info!

mersilis
05-20-2004, 09:49 AM
JTrout, is the offer you mention through vegaspokertrip?

I ask because it's been 4 business days since I signed up for Pacific through them, and I've yet to receive confirmation from them re: my registration. I'm not going to play much at Pacific anyway (I'll just play some MTTs with the bonus to see if it's worth my time to burn it off), but I would like the chip set I was promised. If it's through them, how long did you have to wait for confirmation and then for shipping?

steeser
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
I actually signed up through him as well and haven't received the confirmation. I played some and cashout and won't be playing again until I receive the chips.

AA suited
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the site and it says under the frequent flopper program that is coming soon that they will give a rake rebate back to everyone.

Nice site actually volunteering givebacks is rare for an affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, i asked them about it since i signed under them to get the free chips. but i gota do a new acct to get in on the rake rebate. They're trying to come up with a way to do this, but they dont know if it'll work.

myeh818
05-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Well, I did it... I signed up for Aztec Riches Poker to get a second set of chips. Hopefully I'll get through my raked hands this weekend and have my chips for our home game next Friday night. I know it's wishful thinking to get them that fast, but hey, it doesn't hurt!

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/promotion/aztec_poker.asp

myeh818
05-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Just a quick update for everyone. I played last night for about 4 hours and at the end of the night I figured I was more than half way to hitting my 250 hands. As it turned out, I only played 56 raked hands in just under 4 hours. It turns out Aztec figures out their raked hands different than Party Poker. At Party Poker you just have to be delt cards in a raked pot to qualify as a raked hand. On Aztec you have to "contribute money to the pot." It's still a great deal cuz I'm going to play the hands anyway, I would just suggest signing up with Party to get the free chips if you don't already have an account there. You will qualify for the free chips a lot quicker there. By the way, I'm actually up after my first day at Aztec... yippie!

RollaJ
05-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Im going to sign up for AZTEC for me and my lady, so we will get 600 chips. Does it make a different if you get diamonds or suits or dice, or are they all the same?

Also, will I get a $50.-$1 or higher NL game over there?

myeh818
05-24-2004, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im going to sign up for AZTEC for me and my lady, so we will get 600 chips. Does it make a different if you get diamonds or suits or dice, or are they all the same?

Also, will I get a $50.-$1 or higher NL game over there?

[/ QUOTE ]

RollaJ, I've been playing 1/2 over there all weekend trying to get to my 250 raked hands. I'm at 230 right now, so I should get to 250 tonight. I can't speak for the .50/1 tables, but there are plenty of 1/2 tables. I've been up, down, and turned around over there. I actually had to make a second deposit, but now I'm way up. Poker is a crazy game isn't it!?!?! I think you'll be happy with Poker Source Online, but I'm warning you, I wouldn't try getting two sets of chips at the same address, or at least not for the same poker room. Their rules say you can't do it and if you read their forum, you will see someone who just got blasted for it. I'm working on my second set of chips from them, but it is for two different poker rooms. Good luck at Aztec, and look me up overthere... account name MYEH818!

RollaJ
05-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Different addresses /images/graemlins/grin.gif , we live together but I still have my neteller under my old address.
I was asking about No limit, not $.50/$1 or 1-2 limit. Is this what you were answering? I play a lot of hands in NL,so I figure I could get this over with quickly

myeh818
05-24-2004, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Different addresses /images/graemlins/grin.gif , we live together but I still have my neteller under my old address.
I was asking about No limit, not $.50/$1 or 1-2 limit. Is this what you were answering? I play a lot of hands in NL,so I figure I could get this over with quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

Different addresses... SWEET! I wish I had a setup like that!

Sorry, I was talking about the fixed limit games. I know they have NL games though.

RollaJ
05-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Funny after seeing what they go for on eBay for a set of 600 (about $30), I think Ill just stick to party

myeh818
05-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I just wanted to give everyone an update... I hit my 250 raked hands last night as I thought, and already got a tracking number from Poker Source. I'm happy that my chips are on the way, but they just updated the terms of the offer from 250 raked hands to 150. I'm kind of irritated that I had to play 250 hands and now it's 150. I guess in the end I would have played 250 hands anyway, I just wanted my chips faster. Oh well. I'll give everyone a final update when they arrive. The link is below with the post from the Aztec dude explaining the new rules.

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205