PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Bet Tourney, how about some payouts please

ohkanada
05-19-2004, 11:20 AM
I happened to signon last night a few minutes before the $22 NL was starting on Ultimate Bet. I haven’t played a tourney on Ultimate for a long time and based on this one I am not sure if I will anytime soon.

So the tourney starts and there are 348 players. They are adding $1500 so that seems like a fine deal. An hour or so in I decide to check on the payouts. The tourney shows no payouts. Since I don’t play Ultimate tournies I am not sure if that is normal or not. Eventually it gets down to 60 players or so and still no payouts. Someone claims they pay 40, but I have no idea if that is correct or not. Around this time I send support an email asking about the payouts. They respond that the “programmers” are working on it. I respond that it would be nice to at least know the number they pay. I am sent the same response. I looked on the web site but I couldn’t find it. We keep on playing and eventually we get down to 12. At this point I am in 5th and really would like to know the payouts. There is till no answer from Ultimate. Someone else in the tourney claims we will find out after the tourney. When we get down to 11, my JJ loses to 88 and I am out.

It is now 10 hours later and I still have no idea how much I won. I am sure it isn’t much but if I win my last hand and I am very good shape on the final table. Lots of decisions on the final table are based not only your cards, but based on payouts and stack sizes. Sure everyone is in the same boat but I still think this is crazy.

Ken Poklitar

La Brujita
05-19-2004, 11:31 AM
This is absolutely outrageous. How do you know how to play on the bubble if you don't know where the bubble is? And how can you make decisions if you don't know how flat the payout structure is.

I would be extremely and I mean incredibly angry if I were you.

ohkanada
05-19-2004, 12:36 PM
I agree it is outrageous. I sent them another email today and have yet to recieve a response. I also tried to make them understand how bad of a thing it is not to have the payouts.

Will be interesting to see if they care.

Ken Poklitar

Lost Wages
05-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Their payout schedule can be hard to find at times. I have a copy saved in Excel format. 11th place in a 348 player tourney pays 0.8% of the prize pool with 40 places payed total. PM me with your e-mail address if you would like a copy of the spreadsheet.

Lost Wages

David
05-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I made a deposit at UB to get the bonus and to play some of the money added tournies also. After 2 tournies where this kind of crap was going on I withdrew and do not plan on going back. They run some lousy tournies IMHO and it is much harder to keep up with your stack size relative to players at other tables. I'll take Paradise or Stars for tournies any day over UB.

ohkanada
05-19-2004, 04:45 PM
I did finally get an email with the pittance I won. They also said they would forward my email to the programmers. I emailed them back saying they should forward it to managment. I understand software problems happen (being that I am a progarmmer), but there is no way customer service or someelse shouldn't have been able to answer a few basic questions or go to the tables and give out some information.

Ken

Beavis68
05-19-2004, 06:14 PM
believe me, this is not usual. I have never seen this problem before.

Stew
05-19-2004, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
believe me, this is not usual. I have never seen this problem before.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is highly unusual, I play MTT at UB frequently (4-5) per week and this has never happened before. I have had some trouble when I am on my laptop opening the payout screen, but that is my computer's issue and not UB's.

Snow
05-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Interesting, i have the same problem with my laptop. Any ideas what could be the problem?

TylerD
05-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Do you use a pop-up blocker such as Google's toolbar or Norton Internet Security?

Stew
05-20-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you use a pop-up blocker such as Google's toolbar or Norton Internet Security?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. What's interesting, is that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think it's a computer or RAM issue with my laptop. It's my wife's old work laptop and I basically use it as back-up when she kicks me off the PC.

goodguy_1
05-20-2004, 07:30 PM
I've played in 6 UB multi's in the last 2 days.2 out of the 6 had problems with the payout schedule.The first one had no payout schedule period(it was the only one with this problem at that time 4 added money tournies were running) and one annoyed player had already contacted customer service about it.It still hadnt showed up as I faded out the money almost 2 hours into the tourney.

Last nite in a small 7card stud tourney I made it into the money but this time the schedule had erroneous payouts and repeated redundant places this was also noticed by other players in the tourney and was not fixed almost 3 hours later!!

Really poor.UB already has really crappy tournament.They need to get the basics right.
I was in 11th..money was 16th and I never knew exactly where I stood-so I actually just said fug it cause I wasnt sure the money differences in payouts-this most probably cost me money but it was a very small event anyway.I could have invesigated it and looked at UB's MTT payout schedules on their website but I was playing 3-4 tournies at once and didnt have time.This should not be happening to a reputable room.

goodguy_1
05-20-2004, 07:43 PM
wait a second UB has got to be kidding me these guys dont seem to have an MTT payout schedule listed on their website.They have sng payout schedules,they have MTT tourney structure but I just scoured their website and couldnt find it.

The problems I had were all with FUNCTIONING payout schedule pop-ups.The first one said something on the pop-up akin to "this tournament has no payout...balahblah" lol are u friggin kidding me?

Here UB is attempting to garner interest in their Room,tournies etc by offering these great juicy added tournies and the software is junk.UB need to make their tourney lobby dynamic like Stars and every other decent room.This refreshing a page and using pop-ups is bs.