PDA

View Full Version : where can i find a fold here?

stoxtrader
05-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

not a good card - I think a fold here is the play. hindsight of course 20/20, but I lose to Ak, AJ, AT, KQ, AA, JJ, TT, about the only hands I beat here are QQ, KK, and split with AQ. easy turn fold?

River: (6.33 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.33 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.33 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (8.33 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh As (one pair, aces).
MP1 shows Ad Kd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: MP1 wins 8.33 BB. </font>

CrackerZack
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Bet the river.

SossMan
05-19-2004, 11:30 AM
An open raise from MP doesn't have to be a group 1 hand. Nobody has stood up to him this hand, so he has no reason to think you have an Ace...he could be betting his 77-99, KT, QT, JQ, JK, or flush draw in addition to the group 1 hands you beat. You have to show aggression somewhere to find out where you are. I certainly wouldn't have folded the turn for one bet w/ TP2ndK and a gut shot.

If you can't bet this flop, then why are you calling preflop? If you're that scared to play out of position w/ AQo, then maybe you should muck it.

From what I hear about that party 15 game, he could literally have anything.

CrackerZack
05-19-2004, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I hear about that party 15 game, he could literally have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is becoming less and less true every day. A certain regulars lamentations were heard last night and echoed by others.

stoxtrader
05-19-2004, 12:30 PM
The player was solid - It's been my experience in the past month that a solid player is the norm, poor player the exception - I would say I generally see 5 solid players at my average table.

CrackerZack
05-19-2004, 12:57 PM
You missed a great opportunity on sunday when you sat 2 seats to the left of a LAG spaz but go up before posting a single blind. He was beating up a bit on the rest of the table but I was giving him the ralphie treatment. good times.

stoxtrader
05-19-2004, 04:06 PM
thanks for the heads-up CZ, but unfortunately my table selection suffers horribly with two young kids and very limited poker time as it is.