PDA

View Full Version : Why do I play so weak at times?

chief444
05-19-2004, 09:13 AM
PF and flop seem standard but I think my turn play on this hand was terrible. I knew it as soon as I checked but too late then /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Let me have it.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

bakku
05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Bet the turn, check/call the river

chief444
05-19-2004, 09:52 AM
I agree.

Question...Bet the turn and fold to a raise or bet the turn and call down? Opponent is T/AG. I realize the bet would have been better and I think I could safely fold to a raise. Just wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks.

bakku
05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Do NOT fold the turn to a raise, you have a gutshot that you most likey didn't notice /images/graemlins/wink.gif
I think you can safely fold the river though if he raised the turn

submariner
05-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Why is betting the turn better? The way you played it, you got to see showdown for 1BB on turn/river. By betting the turn, you may pick up one more BB, but you also may have to fold.

And if you bet the turn, and are ahead, isn't it likely that villain would have checked through river? Or if he just called the turn bet, would you have bet the river?

Thanks

chief444
05-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Forgot about having the gutshot. I suppose that with the kings would give me just enough outs to call if I bet and was raised on the turn.

chief444
05-19-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is betting the turn better? The way you played it, you got to see showdown for 1BB on turn/river. By betting the turn, you may pick up one more BB, but you also may have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because not betting may have cost me the pot. Villain had K-J and caught his trips after I gave him a free card. I doubt if he would have considered his K outs good given my play and that he was a fairly solid player. He may have folded to a turn bet.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you bet the turn, and are ahead, isn't it likely that villain would have checked through river? Or if he just called the turn bet, would you have bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he called the turn bet I would have check/called the river. I don't see any point in betting out on the river.