PDA

View Full Version : 2 A5s hands-but very different game conditions

hillbilly
05-19-2004, 08:13 AM
mirage 10-20 great game i limp after two limpers with Ac5c with two of the better players behind me see the flop as well. sb folds bb checks, 6 to the flop unraised of AsJd4h checked to me i bet,next player raises, and next player 3 bets, all fold to me, i fold.

2nd hand- non action daytime locals game 10-20 mirage, i get on the plane home in half hour. both soft spots have busted out and replaced by toms... i limp with As5s after 2 limpers...6 to unraised unraised flop of Ac7c7s. bb bets out all fold to me and i fold up like a cheap accordian.

what kind of strange variation of ta am i afflicted with?

Al_Capone_Junior
05-19-2004, 08:31 AM
In both cases I think you were either slightly ahead or way behind, and given the number of players in the hand, folding was prudent.

al

elysium
05-19-2004, 01:01 PM
hi hill
second hand, good post, good fold. it would be a better post if the game conditions were similar to those described in the first hand. if they were, you are in a raise or fold situation. anytime it becomes raise or fold, your image becomes more important in determing your future action. the considerations range from how tight you are perceived and whether that type image is working for you or not, to what type hands you've been showing down after raising, to the size of your opponents chip stack. you need to consider a wide range of issues and you won't always target the correct ones for consideration. so raise or fold situations also must take the level of swing in your game that your bankroll can sustain.

in the second hand as posted, you should fold. what makes it interesting though is considering what course of action you may have taken if the game had been good and loose.

Zele
05-19-2004, 01:09 PM
First hand, no question.

Second hand, unless this guy is completely uncreative, I call him down, betting if he doesn't, and folding to a turn check-raise. A flop like that is made for a flush semi-bluff. Coupled with the fact that he could have a worse A than you (and he was in free BB), I think folding is a bad play. He'd have to be a very, very hard rock to convince me otherwise.

hillbilly
05-19-2004, 02:23 PM
first hand-flop 2 bettor calls the three bet- turn pairs the J- check bet call-river 2s- check bet call- final board AJ4J2 rainbow.showdown flop two bettor has A3 offsuit?! and flop 3 bettor has A4 offsuit?! for a couterfeited two pair on the flop to chop the pot and my five kicker would have played! heh, i told you the game was good...

hand two-all fold and bb takes the 3.4 big bet pot...

comments what can i say? i still can't believe the first hand...seems like i take down the pot if i raise coming in but who limps with A3o and A4o? not me and i thought these guys were solid yikes...

second hand once again i likely take it down if i raise coming in...i put the bb on better ace than me. he seemed like a guy fully capable of checking a big ace in the blinds to see the flop tho so i don't know. i'm not sure if he would lead with a 7 or not but felt he would not lead with a flush draw or pocket pair 8's,9's or 10's. as i learned in the first hand tho aggression can pay and had i raised the flop i may have got him to lay down his hand but ultimately decided the game justed sucked and i had to leave and would not gain any image points so i just mucked and called it a trip.also had my kicker been higher than the pair on the board i may have raised him as well to try and slow him down, but why give action here?

raising two limpers with A5s- i may start throwing this move in occasionally...