PDA

View Full Version : KJs in CO

Glurfle
05-19-2004, 04:24 AM
I think this is pretty standard, and I'd play it the same way pretty much every time. Multitabling to clear a bonus, so no reads, but nothing out of the ordinary for .5/1. Incidentally, I would have bet the river even if the river had been the 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13 BB, between MP1, Hero and SB.</font>

Peter Harris
05-19-2004, 05:15 AM
i currently have lost 80c each of the 5 times dealt KJs. i used to raise with it before realising it is just KJo but the same colour.

Is it a open raising hand? is it after 3 limpers?

Seems fine apart from my aversion to raising, rest is standard, you're good on the flop and turn, the river may split with some ragged K. If you lost to some bottom-feeding 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif i feel for you.

Peter Harris

chief444
05-19-2004, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty standard, and I'd play it the same way pretty much every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
So would I. As far as the pf raise, I think from CO this is a definite raise with two limpers and one poster checking ahead of you.

cjromero
05-19-2004, 08:07 AM
My inexperience may show on this question, but here goes:

With 2 limpers and a poster in front, why do you advocate raising preflop with KJs? Is it an attempt to buy the button? I realize it is Party micro limits, but with 2 limpers already in the pot, how likely is it that your KJs is the best hand going in? Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

chief444
05-19-2004, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 2 limpers and a poster in front, why do you advocate raising preflop with KJs? Is it an attempt to buy the button? I realize it is Party micro limits, but with 2 limpers already in the pot, how likely is it that your KJs is the best hand going in? Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

[/ QUOTE ]
To buy the button, because with just two limpers I think it is likely your hand is best, because even if one of the limpers is playing Ax or Axs it is probably a good raise as long as the Axs isn't of your suit, and because I like to raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Mainly I like the raise because of position though.

Raiser
05-19-2004, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of those hands that you raise from the CO no matter how many limpers there are. It's a very good multiway hand and has big card potential that can win a short handed pot if you make a pair. And, of course, you can buy the button.