PDA

View Full Version : pot limit hand I need asst.

jayadd
05-19-2004, 12:57 AM
I am very confused on this hand and would like some help ty ahead of time.

its a loosy goosy group of people 8 players with .50- 1.00 blinds we cap max bet at $25 once the pot has reached it average of 4-5 to a flop even if its 3 bet to the pot max.

i am in the BB with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP raises it to $2
button raises it $5
i raise it to $10
call, call

flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

now this is where the max cap hurts me i think i bet the cap $25 and the MP calls but the Button raises and i call MP calls.

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i bet $25 and MP raises $25 and button calls and i call.

river is the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i check MP bets $25 button folds but flips his cards and he had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif i call.

MP holds A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
takes down the pot with a wheel on the turn.

should i have re raised on the flop or is that a typical loosy cold call no matter what? How do i get him off that hand. Or can i fold the set on the river which i cant think so but another option i guess.

gavrilo
05-19-2004, 01:03 AM
i would bet and raise at every opportunity on the flop

turnipmonster
05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
don't minraise preflop.

--turnipmonster

Prevaricator
05-19-2004, 11:42 AM
You got unlucky. MP had no reason to be in that pot with A5s, and how can he chase a naked gutshot on the flop. Its very hard to put him on a hand that can beat your set of kings here, especially with the action preflop.

Scottnyce
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Max Raise every oppurtunity pre flop.

If he wants to call a pot sized bet with an over card that is basically dead and a gut shot, nothing you can do.

PRE FLOP MAX

george w of poker
05-19-2004, 04:09 PM
raise more preflop

since you have the weird structure i would have reraised on the flop trying to get money in every chance i can since you may not get the chance to do it later. after the pot is this big i doubt you'll scare anyone out of it. you didn't say how much money was behind everyone by the way.

on the turn, bet, raise, reraise.