PDA

View Full Version : From MS to SS...woohoo!

Ralph Wiggum
05-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Hand 1:
I really don't like when overcards flop against my PP. I go weak, since I find myself betting into people who will call all the way to the river to maximize bets out of me, or since they have TPWK or 2nd pair.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button checks.
Button has position, and I've given up on this hand. I'm now in check/fold mode. Is this the right move?

River: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (4.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Td Tc (two pair, tens and sixes).
Button shows Ac Jd (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 4.75 BB. </font>

Hand 2:
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I'm not happy about how this hand turned out at all. This table has been solid. Tight and aggressive PF, with only players making loose (but not stupid) calls.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.
So here's my logic. I've got overpairs with a capper &amp; 4-bet caller behind me, who I believe are solid players. UTG is also solid. I see these hands out there: AA, KK, AK, AQ, KQ, QQ, JJ. With the Qxx flop, I'm now dominated by all the hands, except AK (spilt pot) &amp; JJ. I know the pot was huge, but I didn't like the situation I was in. I feel I should have called or raised this flop. And if I did, what's the plan of action for the rest of the hand?

Turn: (10.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (13.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.25 BB, between UTG and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (15.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 8d 8c (one pair, eights).
MP2 shows Kd Ah (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP2 wins 15.25 BB. </font>

Warning! Self-Indulging Moment: This is my first SS post, and I'm also now an enthusiast. /images/graemlins/grin.gifI was told SS starts at $2/$4, so here I am. I started at MS ($0.02/$0.04), and I feel like I've come a long way, joining the high rollers at $2/$4. Thank you all for everything!

Alobar
05-19-2004, 01:35 AM
welcome to SS /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 1: I guess I'm ok with the way you played it as long as you would have called on the river if he bet. After he checks behind on the turn it screams draw, so you should be pretty confident you've got the best hand. The reason not to bet the river is because if he was on a draw, he just folds. But if he bets its likely a bluff. Personally tho, I would have bet the turn and check/called the river

Hand 2: I don't see anything wrong with this laydown given your reads.

MarkD
05-19-2004, 02:01 AM
I like both hands but after checking the turn in hand one I would call a bet on the river if my opponent bet. If he bet the turn I would fold as you had planned.

If my AK is A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif in hand 2 then I would call the flop with two back door draws and the overcards but as you stand I think just folding is fine.