PDA

View Full Version : A9s -- how could this be improved?

Greg J
05-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Good raise here?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I'm making what i consider is a good value bet. should i reraise here and try for the free card play if i dont make the turn?

Flop: (16 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(8 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I'm pretty confident in my check/call here

Turn: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

The reason i don't reraise is the fives -- i'm thinking a FH is possible... should i have just fired away?

River: (16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 22 BB, between Hero, UTG and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (22 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9s As (flush, ace high).
UTG shows Ts Js (flush, jack high).
MP1 shows 5h Td (three of a kind, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 22 BB. </font>

blackaces13
05-18-2004, 10:42 PM
3 bet the flop, please. Its not for a free card its for value. You should be looking to cap most nut flush draws on the flop with a lot of players in.

Greg J
05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the flop, please. Its not for a free card its for value. You should be looking to cap most nut flush draws on the flop with a lot of players in.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i should be doing this strictly for value. when are the implied odds i get from getting the nut flush outweighed by the fact that i might not make it? plus there are two fives in the brd.

I'm not arguing with you -- in fact you might be right. But when does the possibility of a FH (or better) become an issue?

blackaces13
05-18-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But when does the possibility of a FH (or better) become an issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I didn't notice that the flop was paired. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

A raise would be a lot thinner in this case and I'm not even sure if its advisable. My bad. You played the hand well.